Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/12/2005 8:53:49 AM EDT
My (2) British Mag Pouch/Belts & 16 Brand New FN/FAL Mags Arrived From Northridge Supply Yesterday....here's some pics and my initial observation/review.

The deal from Northridge is that you get (8) Brand New FN/FAL Mags with the Mag Pouch/Ammo Belt for $99.95ea set...as part # SN-1042 if you scroll down this page here....

www.northridgeinc.com/I_fnfal_accessories.htm

For just a tad over $200 (with 3 day shipping) I purchased two complete sets consisting of 2 Ammo/Mag Pouch Belts and a total of (16) Brand New 20rd Steel FN/FAL 7.62X51 Mags as seen here...

http://fz1gear.com/Bush8.jpg

"The Mag Pouch/Ammo Belts" are a harness affair and I was very impressed with the overall design, adjustability, fit and function.

They are standard and typical of yesteryears drab olive mil-spec extra heavy gauge cotton/canvas weave with brass hardware and clip/loop attachment system with formed wire/bullet post snaps to fasten the mag pouch retaining flaps.

http://fz1gear.com/Bush9.jpg

Each mag pouch/belt is comprised of 5 pockets...4 double mag pouches, two on each side and are well positioned to permit the wearer to dive or crawl on his back or belly without suffering hard gear protrusion to the torso. The 5th pocket is a small flat utility pocket..located right up front with an internal loop/organizer affair which was obviously designed to hold and secure a segmented rod cleaning kit.

These mag pouch/belts do in fact snuggly carry 8 FN/FAL 20rd mags for a fully loaded capacity of 160 take along rounds of .308 Firepower per each $99.95 set.

Hence the beauty of having purchased an AR Styled .308 Bushmaster BAR-10 which was designed to accept these readily available, inexpensive yet fully funtional 20Rd .308 Steel Mags. Advantage Taken....twice.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 8:58:26 AM EDT
[#1]
That is pretty sweet actually.

I got a load bearing vest that holds 4 30 round mags and 2 granades at some army navy store for 10$.

Now I just need to find some drab olive BDU pants and I'll be happy.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 1:14:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I dunno...I just thought that $99.95 for a mag pouch/belt/herness system filled with 8 brand new 20rd steel FN/FAL mags wasn't such a bad deal at all...and I feel it's not.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 1:28:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Man I dont think yo can beat that!
Does the BAR-10 take the metric or inch pattern mags? or both?

From all that I have heard here at ARFCOM I am getting close to getting one...
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 1:32:38 PM EDT
[#4]

Does the BAR-10 take the metric or inch pattern mags? or both?

Both....standard or metric...either/or.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 3:06:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice set up, got to get one.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 3:18:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top