Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2005 3:48:47 PM EDT
What can's have folks used for the 458? does it use a normal 45 can, or too much pressure?

(I have a 45 SOS, just curious)
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 12:03:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I talked once with Larry at CCF about a one can do it all for a HK SOCOM, TAC, SW-.45-PDW, and the .458 SOCOM.  That would be a no go.  One can would work with the Tac and SOCOM with different recoil boosters and the same can would work with the .45 PDW with a three lug adapter, but because of the .458 SOCOM's characteristics the pistol can would not work on the rifle, even with sub-sonic loads.  Anyway, that is what he told me.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 5:47:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a screw-on suppressor from Silent Delivery Systems for the .458  SOCOM and it works well, but they are out of business.

Link Posted: 1/13/2005 6:29:44 PM EDT
[#3]
D&D Machine Guns is our Class 2 partner and they have done custom jobs for the .458 SOCOM.  The Mjollnir on our NFA page was done by them, and there are two more in the works, one for a SBR upper and one for a 16" Rem 700 Etronix in 458 SOCOM (not even the sound of the hammer/sear on that one)
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top