Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/19/2004 3:06:23 PM EDT
anyone know if the 24in barrel is worth the extra cash. it will be for 100-300yd shooting
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 3:09:12 PM EDT
[#1]
24" is a waste of money....since you dont gain that much FPS. Plus you'll have to lug it around.

Bigant
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 3:26:45 PM EDT
[#2]
i cant find any fps info on the two barrels
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 11:01:13 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
24" is a waste of money....since you dont gain that much FPS. Plus you'll have to lug it around.

Bigant

Gotta agree with ya... I shoot my 16 at 300 yards routinely and don't see any difference in the accuracy between it and a buddy's 24, but the chrono shows his getting about 250-300 fps more velocity. I don't think the hogs I've killed with mine cared that my rounds were slower.
One of the reasons I switched from a standard length Winchester M-70 to a Remington M-7 was length; the extra inches in barrel length catch on every damn thing in the woods! Same thing would apply to the Beowulf- the extra 8" ain't worth the price or aggravation.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top