Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/4/2004 12:59:00 PM EDT
just a curious newbe question.  Was wondering everyone's experiance with muzzle breaks on bewulfs or 458 socoms.  Especially interested if anyone had any experiance with the JP recoil eliminator on them.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 1:18:10 PM EDT
[#1]
If you have someone use a lathe to turn too much material off of your muzzle, it might break.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 1:52:01 PM EDT
[#2]
yep, have read that.  Am hopping once Alexander Arms updates their web site, a post ban version pre threaded barrel will appear on it.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 5:56:27 PM EDT
[#3]
That would be interesting to see if they do that and what types of changes or options become available now.

Well I've got the factory break, which seemed to help a little, then I added in that MGI buffer.
That helped a pretty decent amount. The combination of the break,stock I have and the buffer it quite tolerable to shoot now.

The break didn't affect the accuracy at all either. Still does just as well with it as it did with out it.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 10:29:22 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
That would be interesting to see if they do that and what types of changes or options become available now.

Well I've got the factory break, which seemed to help a little, then I added in that MGI buffer.
That helped a pretty decent amount. The combination of the break,stock I have and the buffer it quite tolerable to shoot now.

The break didn't affect the accuracy at all either. Still does just as well with it as it did with out it.

I changed to a ARFX stock form a ACE Socom and put in the MGI and the recoil is very tolerable now!  I'm probably going to change the spring to a heavier buffer spring
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:10:27 AM EDT
[#5]
The Wulff +10 and a 5.5 oz. buffer works great toward reducing the thump in your shoulder. Most muzzle brakes I've expereinced reduce the felt recoil a bit in exchange for a BIG increase in noise. Those damn things are LOUD!
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:33:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Its BRAKE, dammit!
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:49:12 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Its BRAKE, dammit!

Beat me to it...........
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:51:24 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Its BRAKE, dammit!

Beat me to it...........

Heheh, I beat you both to it, but nobody got it
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:47:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Aww, just having a little fun with ya.  That and I am a spelling impaired.  

I am fairly recoil tolerant.  After firing a relatively light 50-120 a few times, my Marlin 45-70 (hand loaded with 400 grains at arround 2000fps) no longer seems to kick any worse than a 12 gauge – a 5lb single shot 12 gauge shooting 3” goose loads ;).  But really, even hot 45-70’s are mild enough kicking rounds.

In a moment of poor judgment, I also picked up a 45-70 hand cannon (with a level 3 action–ouch).  It caused me to start the muzzle brake research, but I still have not decided to cut my losses on it, or try to tame it.

My issue with recoil is less about pain and punishment, but more about the niche I want the rifle to fill.  I am looking for something with a relatively fast follow up shot.  Excessive barrel rise really kills the double tap time.  
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top