Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/27/2004 6:11:13 PM EDT
Is it a modified AR lower, or something?  Just bought a 7.62 kit and read that the mags were problematic.  Any ideas?
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:38:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I think it is an AR lower,  modified to accept AK47 mags.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:49:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep and here's alink to the website
www.ar47.com/
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 5:02:07 AM EDT
[#3]
I found the website but it doesn't do a good job of explaining what it is.  It looked to me like it was a combo of upper/lower.  I wonder if i can just get a lower and slap a 7.62 upper on it.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 9:31:57 AM EDT
[#4]
You can get a regular AR and put a 7.62 barrel/bolt and shoot it with regular mags/ they just dont hold as many rounds. 20 rounders hold 10-11 IIRC. Some have used the franken mags with good sucess. I just bought this lower. It will accecpt regular AK mags, the mag well is milled a little wider than normal for the wider AK mags. The upper is a 7.62 barrel/bolt with a mod to the bolt carrier, and the upper reciever has been miller a little wider for the wider AK mags. Mike said the DPMS Lo Pro is the best upper reciever to mill since the walls are .25" vs the usual 3/32".  DPMS is out of barrels. The only one I know of is Model 1, but its not chromed lined. HTH
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top