Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/12/2004 8:58:43 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 4:11:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Hey Ed, they also work on Beowulf's...I'd post a pick, but the barrel is still out being threaded.

Steve out.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 4:16:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 4:16:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Do big-bore ARs have any muzzle flash to begin with?
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 4:17:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 4:25:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:13:52 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Hey Ed, they also work on Beowulf's...I'd post a pick, but the barrel is still out being threaded.

Steve out.

I talked with Arne at Compitition Shooting and he told me that if you threaded the beowulf..the barrel could explode..so if I was you I'd check with alexander arms or someone before doing that

Bigant
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:49:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:21:41 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Steve out.

I talked with Arne at Compitition Shooting and he told me that if you threaded the beowulf..the barrel could explode..so if I was you I'd check with alexander arms or someone before doing that

Bigant

Hmm, then how does Alexander Arms attach their muzzle brake???  Magic?

No sir...it is slipped on and uses 3 or 4 pins and industrial adhesive.   For those of you that dont own a beowulf...if you looked at the end of the barrel it is not thick enough for threads since it is trimmed down for the muzzle break kit from AA,...But I would believe you could make your own if you installed it the same way.

Bigant
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:27:58 AM EDT
[#9]
I should have qualified my post, my barrel has been shortend to a point where there is enough material to be threaded, I can't tell you exactly what the diameter is, since it's still not back from being threaded.  My post was directed to Shivan only, since we talked last week and he knew my barrel had be cut back.

Steve out.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:32:15 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I should have qualified my post, my barrel has been shortend to a point where there is enough material to be threaded, I can't tell you exactly what the diameter is, since it's still not back from being threaded.  My post was directed to Shivan only, since we talked last week and he knew my barrel had be cut back.

Steve out.

Well then steve I guess you should have IM'd him if you didnt want anyone to comment....but I was just informing you that if you did that you could possibly hurt yourself...I'm glad you where aware of the danger and had it done right.  

Yes your right if you did have the barrel shortend than it would have been nice for others to know since what if someone went ahead and threaded the barrel without shortning? They could have gotten hurt.

Bigant  OUT!
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:02:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:03:17 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Steve out.

Well then steve I guess you should have IM'd him if you didnt want anyone to comment....but I was just informing you that if you did that you could possibly hurt yourself...I'm glad you where aware of the danger and had it done right.  

Yes your right if you did have the barrel shortend than it would have been nice for others to know since what if someone went ahead and threaded the barrel without shortning? They could have gotten hurt.

Bigant  OUT!

The line for the free cheese starts on the left.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:03:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:05:29 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Steve out.

Yes, I recall.....

I mis-spoke above though, as I forget about AA's step taper.  Silly thing to do -- step taper.

Ed, Is that step taper gay or what?
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:07:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:09:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:32:30 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Steve out.

Bigant  OUT!

The line for the free cheese starts on the left.

I'll be right behind you

Also..Shivan, we can not assume that everyone would realize..since some people take what they read on M-Boards as the holy grail!

Bigant
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:56:22 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I'll be right behind you
Bigant

Damn..your a sucker for punishment...stand behind me in a line for cheese...after I ate a pound or two...damn...who farted?

Steve out.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 11:07:32 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:01:28 PM EDT
[#20]
I really like that line.............." if you thread the 50Beowulf barrel, it could EXPLODE!"

That's a good one.........too funny.

Lets just say they are correct, which is highly unlikely.  Either their barrels are crap or Competition Shooting is completely inept at threading barrels.  Pick one.

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:29:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 10:46:06 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Bigant,

You have misquoted my comment to you - a comment made many months ago (I belive it was in March or April) since we havent spoken since then.

For those that would like the factual information -

One individual took a Beowulf and had the gunsmith shop of a manufacturer known for making AR15's  turn down the barrel to leave only 1/10 of an inch of material around the bore and then used a pressed on muzzle brake that constricted the bore.  In addition, the person admitted to regularly using their own handloads, not factory loads.

The person was quick to post their experience on AR15.com, never outlining their modificiations to the gun and only called Alexander Arms two weeks after the event.   Thankfully, the person who owned the gun was not injured by their improper modifications.

How does this apply to threading a barrel, simple, make sure you know what you are doing and leave adequete material for strength and safety.

Tony Rumore,

Since my company was not involved at all in turning down the barrel, nor was the person who owned the Beowulf a customer of mine.  Perhaps you would like to reconsider your commentary.

You are right it has been a little while since we talked...Juneish

I apologize for mis qouting you!  

Also on a side note,  that comment by Tony Rumore is on par for the type of person he is(Now all you rumore backers come to his rescue!)  I believe he thinks he's the master of all big bore AR's!  Or just pissed that he didnt come up with the .50 beowulf!
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:10:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:12:59 AM EDT
[#24]
Locked.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top