Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 11:27:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 11:47:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I don't have that port size but as soon as I can get it to share I will.  

You will be taken care of today.  We're a bit short staffed right now and the team is working through everything as fast as they can.  Appreciate your patience, we will make sure you are 100% gtg and taken care of.

-GACS
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm still waiting for a reply, last update for request (160411) was on the 13th.

I was going to wait until today or tomorrow to ask for a follow-up.

@GACS

Can we get a confirmation what the gas port size on an 11.5 should be at least for now?

I don't have that port size but as soon as I can get it to share I will.  

You will be taken care of today.  We're a bit short staffed right now and the team is working through everything as fast as they can.  Appreciate your patience, we will make sure you are 100% gtg and taken care of.

-GACS

Still haven't heard anything but since finding out that you guys had an event to sponsor, I humbly decided to wait without a peep of annoyance until after this long weekend

@GACS

But can somebody give me a word this Tuesday, asking for me
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 11:48:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Got an 11.5 barrel, works great, ran everything I tried.

Using with Surefire OBC.
View Quote

Suppressed only? If not, what was the gas port size and the ammunition used?
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 11:53:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 6:05:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 6:20:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

PM me with your info plz.

-GACS
View Quote

Sent.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 6:48:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Just got my barrel back from Geissele RMA.

Had no paperwork or anything letting me know what the issue was or what was done to the barrel for testing. Emailed them asking asking what the issue was when I got shipping notification and no answer back.

Bore looked like no rounds had been test fired through it.

Took it out the range for a test.... And exactly the same issues as before.

No bolt lockback on empty mag w/ M193 or M855 and basically any non-match, medium powered 223 either wouldn't eject at all or completely locked up the action.

DID NOT USE ANY STEEL.

Also used carbine buffer and regular mil spec buffer spring to be as light as possible on the action.

The gas block was properly aligned and these are the components used in the upper:

- Crane Spec Mk12 (Badger Ordinace) gas block.
- Dogbone M4 USGI contract upper receiver
- Variety or BCGs, including microbest w/SRC bolt (which functions like butter in other rifles)
- Mil spec carbine buffer system
-Buffer tube is mil contract 7075 w/dry film lube

Lower is a Geissele w/G LPK

I will try one more gas block setup (which will be my third) with either a Centurion or Troy gas block, but I'm sure it won't matter. The Mk12 gas block is as tight as it can possible be.

The shame of it is, I like the barrel. It's lightweight and quite accurate. Just free standing at 50 yds and looking mainly at the ejection pattern, it was getting around 3 MOA w/855 and 193. With match grade stuff on a bench, I'm sure I could get MOA accuracy.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 7:08:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Using with Surefire OBC.
View Quote
Off topic but I didn't realize that Jim Sullivan lives my hometown. Neat.

Other than the fact that he designed it, would you mind explaining to me what makes the Surefire OBC more beneficial than your run of the mill typical M16 BCG?
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 7:52:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Just got my barrel back from Geissele RMA.

Had no paperwork or anything letting me know what the issue was or what was done to the barrel for testing. Emailed them asking asking what the issue was when I got shipping notification and no answer back.

Bore looked like no rounds had been test fired through it.

Took it out the range for a test.... And exactly the same issues as before.

No bolt lockback on empty mag w/ M193 or M855 and basically any non-match, medium powered 223 either wouldn't eject at all or completely locked up the action.

DID NOT USE ANY STEEL.

Also used carbine buffer and regular mil spec buffer spring to be as light as possible on the action.

The gas block was properly aligned and these are the components used in the upper:

- Crane Spec Mk12 (Badger Ordinace) gas block.
- Dogbone M4 USGI contract upper receiver
- Variety or BCGs, including microbest w/SRC bolt (which functions like butter in other rifles)
- Mil spec carbine buffer system
-Buffer tube is mil contract 7075 w/dry film lube

Lower is a Geissele w/G LPK

I will try one more gas block setup (which will be my third) with either a Centurion or Troy gas block, but I'm sure it won't matter. The Mk12 gas block is as tight as it can possible be.

The shame of it is, I like the barrel. It's lightweight and quite accurate. Just free standing at 50 yds and looking mainly at the ejection pattern, it was getting around 3 MOA w/855 and 193. With match grade stuff on a bench, I'm sure I could get MOA accuracy.
View Quote

I’m sure someone will be around shortly to tell you how you fucked up, can’t shoot and you’re being unreasonable cuz mUh Bill Yinzer Coluh Bruhfection
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 7:58:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I’m sure someone will be around shortly to tell you how you fucked up, can’t shoot and you’re being unreasonable cuz mUh Bill Yinzer Coluh Bruhfection
View Quote

Oh look, it is the G troll, again.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 7:59:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 8:31:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

How very constructive of you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Put the troll on ignore.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 8:55:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 9:12:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

To be fair, I couldn’t with a straight face tell him to send it to customer service…
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 9:18:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Really smooths out FA, doesn’t really do much on semi.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Off topic but I didn't realize that Jim Sullivan lives my hometown. Neat.

Other than the fact that he designed it, would you mind explaining to me what makes the Surefire OBC more beneficial than your run of the mill typical M16 BCG?

Really smooths out FA, doesn’t really do much on semi.

Stupid question and I don't mean to be taking up your time, but would it smooth out rapid fire semi such as failure to stop drills? I know it just two rapid shots to the chest and only one to the head but had to ask.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 11:16:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Stupid question and I don't mean to be taking up your time, but would it smooth out rapid fire semi such as failure to stop drills? I know it just two rapid shots to the chest and only one to the head but had to ask.
View Quote

Id be worried about gettin that gas port fixed before I went shopping for a fancy BCG.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 9:38:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Put the troll on ignore.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm sure someone will be around shortly to tell you how you fucked up, can't shoot and you're being unreasonable cuz mUh Bill Yinzer Coluh Bruhfection

Put the troll on ignore.
+1.

This is where I come to get away from GD comments.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 12:54:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Just to recap, Geissele will be producing three different versions of each barrel length (16” below for example)?

1. ”Geissele Length” gas system and ported for factory built uppers and rifles - presumably replacements will be made available to replace barrels in G built uppers and guns

2. Mid-length ported tight for Geissele gas system parts and excessive gas reduction

3. Mid-length ported open for non super duty gas system parts and “wolf” ammo reliability

Link Posted: 6/29/2022 1:08:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
+1.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm sure someone will be around shortly to tell you how you fucked up, can't shoot and you're being unreasonable cuz mUh Bill Yinzer Coluh Bruhfection

Put the troll on ignore.
+1.

I did. A long time ago.

If anyone is wondering, Geissele sent me an RMA and the barrel is on it's way back. I am looking forward to its inevitable return so I can finish my mini recce assembly
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 1:16:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Just to recap, Geissele will be producing three different versions of each barrel length (16” below for example)?

1. ”Geissele Length” gas system and ported for factory built uppers and rifles - presumably replacements will be made available to replace barrels in G built uppers and guns

2. Mid-length ported tight for Geissele gas system parts and excessive gas reduction

3. Mid-length ported open for non super duty gas system parts and “wolf” ammo reliability

View Quote

When you're so butt hurt over a brand, you troll it enough that people put you on ignore, it is a sign of bigger personal issues.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 4:51:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

When you're so butt hurt over a brand, you troll it enough that people put you on ignore, it is a sign of bigger personal issues.
View Quote

Personally, I like G products and they’ve done well by me.  CS worked great for the two times I’ve had issues. Perhaps you missed that in the many G threads I’ve posted.

What I’m clearly taking issue with, based on my posts, is calling out the endless “blind faith G can do no wrong ever” posts you and your bros do to drown out ANY meaningful dialogue.

Let’s take Molons rail thread, he had a legit gripe as many others have also agreed with on the inconsistent ano yet there’s endless string of “chalky” comments and even a dude that posted a pic of his rifle covered in bisquick.  I buy shit from a lot of companies but wow, it’s as if you all react like someone verbally assaulted your child at a wal mart.  And to be fair, the G marketing language on quite a few product descriptions does lend it to fair criticism even though it’s beyond your expectations.  Go audit that thread for all the GD comments in tech lol

Or the fact over two threads and several weeks your crew been heaping any all deflection comments, personal attacks onto the guy who posted a video of his “accuracy” issues…. And when in fact dude had a fucked up gun, which G in fact fixed, it’s been crickets.

Now onto this thread, a clear gas port issue has emerged with multiple RMAs for the tight ported barrels and it’s the endless undying love for bill that you continue to deflect over and over again (“mine shoots great”, “mine cycles everything, your gas block is fucked up”, “hey mouthbreather don’t use shitty ammo” “ oh no bill these idiots are making you change your perfect gas ports”)

The 100% one sided view some of you place in defense of G is way too much.  G is a solid company, but good god let some people get their shit fixed without your echo chamber gaggle show of force.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 6:31:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Personally, I like G products and they’ve done well by me.  CS worked great for the two times I’ve had issues. Perhaps you missed that in the many G threads I’ve posted.

What I’m clearly taking issue with, based on my posts, is calling out the endless “blind faith G can do no wrong ever” posts you and your bros do to drown out ANY meaningful dialogue.

Let’s take Molons rail thread, he had a legit gripe as many others have also agreed with on the inconsistent ano yet there’s endless string of “chalky” comments and even a dude that posted a pic of his rifle covered in bisquick.  I buy shit from a lot of companies but wow, it’s as if you all react like someone verbally assaulted your child at a wal mart.  And to be fair, the G marketing language on quite a few product descriptions does lend it to fair criticism even though it’s beyond your expectations.  Go audit that thread for all the GD comments in tech lol

Or the fact over two threads and several weeks your crew been heaping any all deflection comments, personal attacks onto the guy who posted a video of his “accuracy” issues…. And when in fact dude had a fucked up gun, which G in fact fixed, it’s been crickets.

Now onto this thread, a clear gas port issue has emerged with multiple RMAs for the tight ported barrels and it’s the endless undying love for bill that you continue to deflect over and over again (“mine shoots great”, “mine cycles everything, your gas block is fucked up”, “hey mouthbreather don’t use shitty ammo” “ oh no bill these idiots are making you change your perfect gas ports”)

The 100% one sided view some of you place in defense of G is way too much.  G is a solid company, but good god let some people get their shit fixed without your echo chamber gaggle show of force.
View Quote

Agree with your point of view.

I recently bought a MK14 with the same rough ano issue and I returned it the next day without even contacting GCS. Unlike my other 2 G rails and a few SCHs I got from here, they all have smooth, rich, and great feel. Now I am afraid to buy new G rails because I don't know what I will get and return is always a hassle.

The gas port issue sounds to me they didn't have a good plan and made decisions on the fly. Unless another manufacture who clearly label their barrels with "reduced gas port", etc.

I don't know much about AR design and stuff, but a 0.0625" on a 16" barrel is the gold standard for carbine gas and Colt has done it for a long time. Well, unless G has some secret of how the gas port is drilled or how thick the barrel is - those might effect pressure ? Idk.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 9:11:21 AM EDT
[#23]
Mid length 5.56 barrels have been around for over 20 years at this point.

If they’re not getting the port and the chamber right, and the bad barrels are making it out the door, they have a gross failure that’s more than a little QC slip.

Link Posted: 6/30/2022 9:21:33 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

If they’re not getting the port and the chamber right, and the bad barrels are making it out the door, they have a gross failure that’s more than a little QC slip.

View Quote

That's all true.  ^^^^^
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 4:37:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

And they've been asked COUNTLESS times now to provide some more information, but will not.

I do not recommend anyone purchase from Geissele because of how apparently bad their quality control is.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 7:59:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who are my "bros" and my "crew"? Anyways, yes I don't want G to blow out their gas ports like other companies have done to appease the dirt shooters. I don't use shit ammo and I don't want my guns beating themselves up suppressed.

People are quick to rip on G over stupid shit like anodizing that is slightly off but give a pass to their holy grails KAC and LMT (which they aren't the end all be all, but that's another thread). I've had more purple shit from KAC than all other brands combined. Purple shit that people would be screaming that they should have paid blem prices for if G did that. Yet, we have idiots here paying a PREMIUM for Barny colored KAC parts. As for the gas ports being too small, whatever. G will fix them if they are out of spec. NO manufacturer is immune from QC issues or fuck ups.

Speaking of CHALKY, I guess I should start a thread bashing LMT for poor QC and see how many fanboyz kick and scream at their defense. But I won't, because I know there are variances in manufacturing and my stripped upper is in spec and will function as designed. I use my stuff and don't care how it looks on a bubblegum forum or the IG.

Here is my newer LMT upper on my old LMT Defender lower. I embrace the CHALKY!!!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 10:29:44 PM EDT
[#27]
It's a thread about Geissele barrels and their poor QC, not your quest to point out other companies with issues as if it absolves Geissele.
Link Posted: 7/17/2022 8:16:04 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

-GACS
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Still haven't heard anything but since finding out that you guys had an event to sponsor, I humbly decided to wait without a peep of annoyance until after this long weekend

@GACS

But can somebody give me a word this Tuesday, asking for me

-GACS

@GACS

PM sent with a few questions.
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 4:51:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Just got my barrel back from Geissele RMA.  Had no paperwork or anything letting me know what the issue was or what was done to the barrel for testing. Emailed them asking asking what the issue was when I got shipping notification and no answer back. Bore looked like no rounds had been test fired through it.  Took it out the range for a test.... And exactly the same issues as before.

DID NOT USE ANY STEEL.

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/4/2022 3:07:50 PM EDT
[#30]
While conducting pre-assembly checks, I inserted one of my match-grade hand-loads into the chamber of the Geissele barrel. The cartridge did not fully seat in the chamber and the bolt would not close on the round.  I then checked the match-grade hand-load in a SAAMI 223 Remington minimum spec LE Wilson cartridge gauge.  The cartridge slipped easily into the gauge and fell freely from the gauge.

Next, I repeated all of the above steps using a round of factory-loaded M193.  As before, the round did not fully seat in the chamber of the Geissele barrel and the bolt would not close.  The factory-loaded round also slipped easily into the LE Wilson gauge and fell freely from it.

For the next step, I again placed the factory-loaded round in the chamber and forced the bolt into battery. I then removed the bolt (which had the extractor removed) and the factory-loaded round would not fall free from the chamber.  I was unable to pull the round from the chamber with my fingers, so I tried mortaring the barrel, but the round still remained stuck in the chamber.  I had to insert a cleaning from the muzzle end of the barrel and tap the rod to get the stuck round out of the chamber.

Link Posted: 8/4/2022 3:16:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Well, at least there’s zero risk of chambering a 300blk round in there
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 3:33:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Well, at least there’s zero risk of chambering a 300blk round in there
View Quote

Unfortunately, there is a risk that unsafe pressures can be created.

Link Posted: 8/4/2022 5:58:38 PM EDT
[#33]
I just can’t figure out how G let this happen. They have been selling the complete rifles for a few years now and I do not recall problems like this.

As soon as the barrels were available to purchase separately we started to see all these gas port/chamber problems.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 3:55:38 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Who are my "bros" and my "crew"? Anyways, yes I don't want G to blow out their gas ports like other companies have done to appease the dirt shooters. I don't use shit ammo and I don't want my guns beating themselves up suppressed.

People are quick to rip on G over stupid shit like anodizing that is slightly off but give a pass to their holy grails KAC and LMT (which they aren't the end all be all, but that's another thread). I've had more purple shit from KAC than all other brands combined. Purple shit that people would be screaming that they should have paid blem prices for if G did that. Yet, we have idiots here paying a PREMIUM for Barny colored KAC parts. As for the gas ports being too small, whatever. G will fix them if they are out of spec. NO manufacturer is immune from QC issues or fuck ups.

Speaking of CHALKY, I guess I should start a thread bashing LMT for poor QC and see how many fanboyz kick and scream at their defense. But I won't, because I know there are variances in manufacturing and my stripped upper is in spec and will function as designed. I use my stuff and don't care how it looks on a bubblegum forum or the IG.

Here is my newer LMT upper on my old LMT Defender lower. I embrace the CHALKY!!!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/24782/20220701_162712_jpg-2438180.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/24782/20220701_165038_jpg-2438182.JPG
View Quote

Gas ports that run low pressure .223 ammunition aren’t “blown out,” they’re normal. Reduced size gas ports are abnormal.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 4:10:21 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Are you sending in your barrel to G customer service?  We would be glad to take a look at it

The G barrels are designed for normal M193, 855 etc. to get them to run with low powered cheap steel case plinking ammo with some of the poor quality AR parts out there the buffer needs to be an H0 and a coil removed from a mil spec spring

We deliberately set this up this way so the gun runs smoother, without major gas blow back. It will not eat anything you want to throw at it, if we did for most shooters there is harsher recoil, decreased reliability, gas in your face and eyes. Not to mention an unshootable gun if you put a suppressor on it.

Just to put a perspective on this since we launched our commercial barrels there have been very few complaints about gassing. The one I took care of personally was a gas block that was covering up half the hole. Again, mix and matching cheap parts. We set the fellow up with a G gas block for free and he was good to go.
View Quote

Hurting the rifle’s ability to function with widely available ammunition just to compensate for a flawed silencer is nonsensical enough, but to assert that standard gas ports have “decreased reliability” is utterly baseless.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 5:08:24 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Hurting the rifle’s ability to function with widely available ammunition just to compensate for a flawed silencer is nonsensical enough, but to assert that standard gas ports have “decreased reliability” is utterly baseless.
View Quote

Once you realize that steel cased ammunition is basically a different caliber it all makes sense.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 12:53:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Once you realize that steel cased ammunition is basically a different caliber it all makes sense.
View Quote

Normal AR-15s with the standard gas ports run it just fine, along with 5.56mm AKs and many AR-18 type rifles. It only becomes “a whole different caliber” when the rifle manufacturer makes questionable decisions.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 1:21:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Normal AR-15s with the standard gas ports run it just fine, along with 5.56mm AKs and many AR-18 type rifles. It only becomes “a whole different caliber” when the rifle manufacturer makes questionable decisions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A lot of "normal" AR15s are garbage.

My LMT 10.5" wouldn't cycle PMC bronze without the can. No way would it cycle shitty steel cased. It was gassed perfectly.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 3:34:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

My LMT 10.5" wouldn't cycle PMC bronze without the can. No way would it cycle shitty steel cased. It was gassed perfectly.
View Quote

Just saying “it was gassed perfectly” doesn’t make it so. That rifle is abnormal and it’s more sensitive to environmental conditions even with full power ammunition. That’s a lot closer to “garbage” than a rifle that eats everything in all conditions.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 4:42:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Just saying “it was gassed perfectly” doesn’t make it so. That rifle is abnormal and it’s more sensitive to environmental conditions even with full power ammunition. That’s a lot closer to “garbage” than a rifle that eats everything in all conditions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What environmental conditions made it more sensitive?
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 5:24:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

You do understand that there are negatives to large ports and high carrier velocity, right? Like…reduced reliability and shorter service life?
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 5:35:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 6:33:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I just can’t figure out how G let this happen. They have been selling the complete rifles for a few years now and I do not recall problems like this.

As soon as the barrels were available to purchase separately we started to see all these gas port/chamber problems.
View Quote

Don’t worry, the crew will be here shortly to tell you how solid their G factory built uppers are and these stripped barrel  problems arise only due to the idiots that have unrealistic expectations, shoot crap ammo and/or have lesser spec gas systems and BCGs.

It can’t be a bad G barrel, it just can’t.  The crew rifles/uppers/barrels are perfect, therefore every G barrel is perfect.  In fact, the barrels are so fucking perfect, they’re gonna start producing barrels with triple ported gas ports (the PA super 3-hole), cuz being perfect 3 times is better than being perfect once.

ETA: Beat
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 6:35:12 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

I never had a “normal” AR or barrel that couldn’t chamber a round
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 7:09:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Neat?

I have never experienced that either. If I did, I would contact the manufacturer and have them take care it.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 8:42:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

You do understand that there are negatives to large ports and high carrier velocity, right? Like…reduced reliability and shorter service life?
View Quote

There is no evidence that a standard gas port makes the rifle less reliable than one with a reduced size port. If cold weather is involved, the reduced size gas port is more likely to have issues, even with full power ammunition.

The bolt carrier isn’t going to beat anything to the point of breaking if the rifle is built properly. I guess the standard gas port would theoretically wear the buffer out faster, but that’d take an insane number of rounds. The recoil spring is being cycled the same distance no matter the port size. Bolts and accompanying small parts experience the heaviest loads when the rifle initially fires. By the time the action unlocks, pressure has dropped to a low level.

Many people are advocating for these reduced gas ports because they want to add silencers that produce significant backpressure. Once you do that, your carrier velocity will be similar to a standard gas port with no silencer or one that produces low backpressure.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 8:50:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

Cold weather is the primary concern. The rifle is also theoretically less resistant to fouling with low gas pressure, which is why many external piston rifles have a higher pressure “adverse” setting, but this is probably less consequential.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 9:00:02 PM EDT
[#48]
Carrier velocity impacts reliability and parts life. It’s harder in things like extractors, trying to hold on at 950rpm (or semi equivalent). Larger ports also erode faster. It’s harder on disconnectors too.

A gun gassed for 5.56 under all conditions will usually run 223 just fine in any conditions I like to go outside in. If I had to shoot wolf I will just put my can on.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 9:04:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Cold weather is the primary concern. The rifle is also theoretically less resistant to fouling with low gas pressure, which is why many external piston rifles have a higher pressure “adverse” setting, but this is probably less consequential.
View Quote

I did cold weather mountain warfare training multiple times. Slept in snow caves, lots of hiking and lots of shooting. It was incredibly cold and I saw no noticeable issues from the cold. Just lube it and shoot it
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 11:18:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've never had a problem in the cold with my carbines. Only issues that I have had gas wise was with shitty underpowered ammo.

I spent four miserable days out in weather that was hovering in the teens and wind chills close to zero in January/February. My 11.5 G and 6940 had no issues.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top