Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/28/2021 2:19:23 PM EDT
I haven't found much info on these barrels so I'm wanting to share my experience.

Last March I bought a mid length 14.5" Gov profile barrel. I have since put 2k rounds through it and it's been a tank. If you're looking for an affordable barrel that's duty ready, I highly recommend it. It's obviously not a Daniel Defense. But I would not hesitate to purchase another.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 8:26:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I put a 16” M4 barrel on my daughter’s rifle. It shoots well. No complaints.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:10:48 AM EDT
[#2]
I recently got a Rosco 11.5 barrel to build a quick quasi-mk18 build. It's really good and I like it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 5:46:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I found this "R" stamp on the barrel of a July 2020 manufactured Colt CR6920.  I was told it stood for the barrel manufacturer Rosco. For a 16" military barreled rifle with M193 ball ammo it shoots great.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:12:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I found this "R" stamp on the barrel of a July 2020 manufactured Colt CR6920.  I was told it stood for the barrel manufacturer Rosco. For a 16" military barreled rifle with M193 ball ammo it shoots great.
https://i.imgur.com/jxDzuBJl.jpg
View Quote

Rosco has been an OEM supplier of barrels for a while. They just got into the retail game a few years ago.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:59:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Rosco has been an OEM supplier of barrels for a while. They just got into the retail game a few years ago.
View Quote

I learned something. Their retail lines appear to be a good value. A ballistic advantage alternative, which is nice
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:58:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Good article by Recoil Here
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 8:47:07 AM EDT
[#7]
I have a Rosco Bloodline 10.5 on my go-to rifle. I've put a lot of rounds, suppressed and unsuppressed, and it holds up perfectly. Still super accurate and I'm super happy with it.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 12:26:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 2:19:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 2:46:37 PM EDT
[#10]
I put their 10.5" Bloodline in my wife's pistol build. Fit and finish is awesome, but it hasn't been shot much or tested for accuracy. I also have the 13.7" Purebred that is great for fit and finish as well as it shoots really nice. Accuracy isn't as good as I had hoped, but that is likely my skill and equipment. I have made a couple of posts about it.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/13-7-Rosco-Purebred-Barrel-Accuracy-Test/12-744089/
https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/13-7-Rosco-Purebred-Accuracy-Follow-Up/12-749864/
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 12:46:59 AM EDT
[#11]
A Simmons 3-9 isn’t going to yield great results and those are rather underwhelming.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 5:23:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Put a 11.5 on my pistol build. GTG!
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 10:24:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I put their 10.5" Bloodline in my wife's pistol build. Fit and finish is awesome, but it hasn't been shot much or tested for accuracy. I also have the 13.7" Purebred that is great for fit and finish as well as it shoots really nice. Accuracy isn't as good as I had hoped, but that is likely my skill and equipment. I have made a couple of posts about it.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/13-7-Rosco-Purebred-Barrel-Accuracy-Test/12-744089/
https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/13-7-Rosco-Purebred-Accuracy-Follow-Up/12-749864/
View Quote

I'd generally be a bit disappointed in a barrel that can't consistently shoot ~1.5moa with top shelf factory match ammo.

There are a couple things about those groups that raise questions. E.g. The variation between group sizes is surprising. Also, group 4 seems to be averaging worse than the others. Is the barrel heating up, or is group 4 just a worse shooter?  Do you shoot for groups regularly, and are you capable of moa or better on other setups? You may want to triple check the scope mouting, and barrel nut torque.

Anyway I have no experience with Rosco, but I am interested in trying one out so I appreciate the data points. They do seem to have a good reputation overall, but it's also possible that you got a lemon.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 10:53:52 AM EDT
[#14]
I have about 1k rounds through a 11.5 Bloodline barrel and I'm very happy with it.

Fit and finish on the barrel is great. My initial accuracy testing with a Razor 1-6 at 100 yards was 1-1.5 MOA with various M193, 75 gr gold dot and 55 gr Gold Dot. Better than I expected for the price honestly.

For a general purpose build I wouldn't hesitate to buy another. If I want sub moa tack driver I would go with a stainless precision barrel from the usual suspects.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 9:52:10 PM EDT
[#15]
My rosco barrel was crap. The bore looked great, but right above the gas block the barrel had small ridges as if it was pulled off the lathe too soon. I wound up returning it to the retailer and have since moved on. I did just order a Spikes Optimum (FN) 16" midlength CHF, instead of the rosco.

I reached out to Rosco's customer service and while they were quick to respond they were slow for a resolution. I had to reach out again and this time they sent me a label to send the barrel back to them. I decided I didn't want to go down that road and that's when I shipped it back to the retailer for a refund. I probably would have still had the Rosco if they offered to send me out a properly qc'd barrel before I shipped the defective barrel back. I did initially make this request when the rosco employee inquired as to what kind of resolution I was looking for.

Link Posted: 2/3/2021 11:47:19 PM EDT
[#16]
I have a bloodline 16" mid 5.56 coming this week. I don't even intend to build it, it's just going into my spare parts box.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 11:20:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Rosco took one of their 10.5" Bloodline barrels and ran 26k rounds through it full auto.  Then took it off and sent it to SOTAR for him to go through.  Here's the vid: Rosco Barrel Autopsy by SOTAR
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top