Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/11/2021 4:23:12 PM EDT
Hey guys just wanted to know if some of you could tell me what color/shade/manufacturer of this red would match this rail? Its a UTG Leapers pro model. I have not found d other parts from leapers to match aside from a hand stop. I'm looking for a butt stock, pistol grip, charging handle and trigger guard. Thank you all in advance for any help.
Link to the item
https://www.primaryarms.com/leapers-utg-pro-super-slim-free-float-m-lok-handguard-black-red-15?n=2&n=2
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 7:22:16 PM EDT
[#1]
If you want exact color matching, there is only one way to do it, Duracoat, Ceracoat, or what have you, the entire thing at the same time.  Different aluminum will take different shades of anodizing even if done at the same time, and if you coat with mixes using different batches, even they might not match exactly.  Trying to get different parts from different makers to match is darned near impossible.  Or to make it simple, don’t worry about it.  If your OCD is that bad,seek professional help.??
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 7:28:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I was afraid of that. I have found a few that appear to match but as you said its bear impossible to know for sure. Plus when adding up all the parts it would be cheaper just to have it cerakoted the same color. I will also seek professional help to cover all my bases lol, appreciate the help man ????
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 5:32:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:32:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 6:01:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Remember, you must also consider the color and texture of your purse when color matching.

Not even black from the same manufacturer is always the same.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top