Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/9/2021 10:40:48 PM EDT
Have a 300 with a stock terrible trigger, and recommendations on a trigger upgrade
That won’t break the bank? Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 10:57:23 PM EDT
[#1]
ALG ACT

Larue MBT
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 11:02:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Get a LaRue, they ship quickly.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 12:16:50 AM EDT
[#3]
I do like my Gisselle SSA. I like it enough that I ordered a second one.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 1:13:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Get a LaRue, they ship quickly.
View Quote

Agree on Larue.  If in stock they ship quickly.  Mine took a couple months.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 10:49:39 AM EDT
[#5]
LaRue fits your requirements.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 11:41:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 11:36:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Ruger 452 is nice too
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 6:30:09 AM EDT
[#8]
MBT2S
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 11:38:00 AM EDT
[#9]
If you want a two stage, my go to trigger in over 50 builds and for over 20 years is the Rock River Nation Match two stage varmint trigger.  3.5 pounds total, first stage 2.5, second stage 1.0 pound.

They use to be about $80 but Right to Bear has raised their price to $95 when not on sale, $86ish when on sale.  Before the glut they were almost always $80-85.

Personally I like them better than the Larue two stage which used to be $250 until for some unknown reason they started selling them for $85.  Wonder how they managed to cut the price by near two-thirds or where they gouging their customers all those years when they were selling them 250?
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 12:01:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If you want a two stage, my go to trigger in over 50 builds and for over 20 years is the Rock River Nation Match two stage varmint trigger.  3.5 pounds total, first stage 2.5, second stage 1.0 pound.

They use to be about $80 but Right to Bear has raised their price to $95 when not on sale, $86ish when on sale.  Before the glut they were almost always $80-85.

Personally I like them better than the Larue two stage which used to be $250 until for some unknown reason they started selling them for $85.  Wonder how they managed to cut the price by near two-thirds or where they gouging their customers all those years when they were selling them 250?
View Quote

Could be a jacked up price to see if all the fan boys would buy them all up and LaRue could make a ton of money. Another theory is it costs a LOT of money to tool up for such an endeavor, it started at a high price, fan boys snatched them up, LaRue recouped much of their initial investment and can now afford to sell them at a reasonable price.

I've never felt a LaRue trigger, but I always intended to buy one for my next build. I've always went with the RRA 2 Stage National Match Trigger for all my builds. I think this is the first post I've seen where someone said they preferred the RRA over the LaRue trigger.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 7:08:11 PM EDT
[#11]
The ALG-ACT is a great GI style trigger and a steal for the price they ask. Mine break cleanly around 5 to 5.5 pounds. Literally ideal for a self-defense duty trigger.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 7:32:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The ALG-ACT is a great GI style trigger and a steal for the price they ask. Mine break cleanly around 5 to 5.5 pounds. Literally ideal for a self-defense duty trigger.
View Quote

Yes, love my ALG-ACT's.

I really like the CMC triggers too, but I'm not sure if they are as cheap as they once were.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 3:52:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Being in a similar boat, I’ve been looking for an ALG ACT or BCM PNT for months. They pretty much impossible to find.

I am considering the SOLGW Liberty or Centurion AMT which may or may not be the same as the BCM.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 5:13:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Being in a similar boat, I’ve been looking for an ALG ACT or BCM PNT for months. They pretty much impossible to find.

View Quote

Watch the EE.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:20:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 5:50:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Large MBT 2 stage is a damn fine trigger for dirt cheap. I have purchased a half dozen or so. Put 4 of them builds I did for others. Always consistently very good and barely under Geissele G2SE in performance. If your budget is under $100 get a Larue MBT.

I would not piss on a Rock River 2 stage, specifically the 3.5# variants. Some of the shoddiest construction and machining I have ever seen in an AR trigger. The older 4.5# triggers were much better. I bought 2 of the 3 5# Rock River triggers and if there is any trigger I must always NOT reccomend it is that one. I own a ton of Geissele triggers,  bought LMT, KAC,etc 2 stage triggers, but RRA is the worst I have seen. I have seen a few good 4.5# versions but never a good 3.5# RRA. Not worth the risk with the MBT available.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 5:56:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

5.5 pounds or more is literally too heavy for ANY trigger on ANY firearm if you have a choice. 4.5 pounds is great for less experienced shooters, 3.5 is perfect for experienced shooters. Lighter than 3.5 pound is bolt gun territory.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:03:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Could be a jacked up price to see if all the fan boys would buy them all up and LaRue could make a ton of money. Another theory is it costs a LOT of money to tool up for such an endeavor, it started at a high price, fan boys snatched them up, LaRue recouped much of their initial investment and can now afford to sell them at a reasonable price.

I've never felt a LaRue trigger, but I always intended to buy one for my next build. I've always went with the RRA 2 Stage National Match Trigger for all my builds. I think this is the first post I've seen where someone said they preferred the RRA over the LaRue trigger.
View Quote

Yeah and noticeably its the first with excessive Larue price whining.

As for Rock River, I tried one way back ~2000 and found it creeped too much.  I shifted to a JPE enhanced 2-stage.  Undertstandably the RRA would have evolved a bit by now.

Since then, I have bought a used BCM PNT to try (a nice MILSPEC trigger), a couple Larue MBT-2s (very nice) and a used Geissele HS NM to see what all the excitement is about (very nice).

If I was going to suggest a trigger based on value, its Larue for me.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:25:13 PM EDT
[#19]
LaRue
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 9:25:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Just ordered another Larue MBT2S but it is now on a 6-8week backorder. So I also ordered a Geiselle G2S. Larue triggers have always been great for me. This will be my first Geiselle trigger if it will ever ship.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 8:03:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Regretted parting out my pistol last year and now I'm trying to gather the parts to build another.

Sold my Geissele SD-C and have been keeping my eye out for another but may have to go with the Larue MBT-2S for a fraction of the cost after seeing this thread.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:57:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Does 2-stage make sense for a general plinker or self-defense gun?  What is the advantage?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:26:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Does 2-stage make sense for a general plinker or self-defense gun?  What is the advantage?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Just happened to read this in a Larue MBT thread a few minutes ago.

I'd get the MBT 2 stage.  Can't beat it.  When you wanna shoot quick, you can pull right through the first stage and never know it.  

If you want to do some precision work, you will have the option.

This right here. You’ll never know it’s a two stage when you’re just blasting.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:50:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Hiperfire EDT
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:22:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Just ordered another Larue MBT2S but it is now on a 6-8week backorder. So I also ordered a Geiselle G2S. Larue triggers have always been great for me. This will be my first Geiselle trigger if it will ever ship.
View Quote

I actually did the same thing as you. I got an MBT-2S Flat Bow for Christmas and installed it on one of my builds. I loved it so much that I wanted to upgrade my trigger on my second. I decided to try out the G2S.

The G2S came in the mail yesterday. Comparing the two I think that the G2S has a slightly heavier 1st stage and lighter second stage than the LaRue. The LaRue’s break is also crisper. Overall it’s hard to say which I like more.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:28:51 PM EDT
[#26]
i have 1 G2S, and 4 MBT2s and i much like the LaRue better. the cost of almost 2 to 1. as right now im thinking about just ordering one now for my 308
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:25:35 AM EDT
[#27]
Larue if you want a good low cost 2 stage.
ACT, PNT, Centurion and SOLGW fighting if you want a good low cost single stage.  Three of these four listed are likely the same trigger rebranded.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:54:03 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Larue if you want a good low cost 2 stage.
ACT, PNT, Centurion and SOLGW fighting if you want a good low cost single stage.  Three of these four listed are likely the same trigger rebranded.
View Quote

Those all look very similar to the PSA EPT which I have in two guns already, too bad they're out of stock everywhere.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:35:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Those all look very similar to the PSA EPT which I have in two guns already, too bad they're out of stock everywhere.
View Quote

Rainier Arms has the Centurion AMT in stock.  

I have the PSA version as well as all the others I mentioned.  All the triggers and hammers look the same and are all made my the same company.  It’s the small parts that vary.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:41:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I actually did the same thing as you. I got an MBT-2S Flat Bow for Christmas and installed it on one of my builds. I loved it so much that I wanted to upgrade my trigger on my second. I decided to try out the G2S.

The G2S came in the mail yesterday. Comparing the two I think that the G2S has a slightly heavier 1st stage and lighter second stage than the LaRue. The LaRue’s break is also crisper. Overall it’s hard to say which I like more.
View Quote

Yeah I compared the G2S to the MBT with curved bow I have in my .300bo rifle and you are absolutely right.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:01:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Larue MBT
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 11:40:49 AM EDT
[#32]
Give Rise Armament LE145 Single Stage Trigger a look see. Crisp 4.5 lb break and short audible reset.  At $129. (like PA where I got mine) most everywhere they are sold.

https://www.primaryarms.com/rise-armament-le145-le-military-ar15-trigger-anti-walk-pins
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 7:29:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 9:15:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
ALG ACT

Larue MBT
View Quote

FPNI
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top