Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/30/2020 1:34:20 PM EDT
New to the world of AR. What would you say are the top five considered "highest end" stripped lower you can buy? Daniel Defense? Radian? Knights Armament? LWRC?
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 10:19:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
New to the world of AR. What would you say are the top five considered "highest end" stripped lower you can buy? Daniel Defense? Radian? Knights Armament? LWRC?
View Quote

LMT MARS-L
Radian
KAC
Noveske
Daniel Defense
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 10:20:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Aero Ambi is the best IMO.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 10:22:47 PM EDT
[#3]
M16
China doll
Umbrella Corp
Kac
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 10:36:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Attachment Attached File

I really wish someone would do a run of themed lowers roll marked "GUCCI". They'd sell a metric fuck ton most likely.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 10:44:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

LMT MARS-L
Radian
KAC
Noveske
Daniel Defense
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LMT MARS-L
Radian
KAC
Noveske
Daniel Defense

I might add Triarc to this list....I have handled some and they are a damn fine piece of hardware.

But do agree with the list above
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 11:15:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Besides the above listed lowers I'm partial to
the Mega ambi and PWS ambi lowers.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 11:16:07 PM EDT
[#7]
For the most part any of your high end AR manufactures are going to have some pretty desirable lowers.

In all seriousness after $X dollars a stripped lower is a stripped lower. You'll see plenty of nice builds on poverty ponies.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 11:18:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/416992/5aw5ft01i9941_jpg-1707726.JPG

I really wish someone would do a run of themed lowers roll marked "GUCCI". They'd sell a metric fuck ton most likely.
View Quote

I think Colt is too high up that list.

ETA: Check out which subreddit that came from.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 11:20:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Guess I need to trash my SOLGW lower.  It didn’t make the list.

Seriously the lower isn’t where the magic happens (other than full ambi) as long as it’s forged 7075 aluminum and in spec it’s all good.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 11:21:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

You're probably right. I doubt Colt does anything special with their stripped lowers. At the end of the day Colt makes complete firearms and isn't in the stripped lower business. I would love to know how many lowers are thrown away because they failed meeting specification.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 11:23:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Realistically at the end of the day it's a name game. If the lower meets the specification it's GTG. Colt like most people contracting to the military/LE is going to be lowest bid.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Realistically at the end of the day it's a name game. If the lower meets the specification it's GTG. Colt like most people contracting to the military/LE is going to be lowest bid.

Yep.

Most of my ARs are built on PSA lowers, and I’ve never had a problem with them.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 11:25:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Yep.

View Quote

Reminds me of the time I went to buy a complete KAC lower and found that guy had installed some shit LPK in it.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 11:30:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Reminds me of the time I went to buy a complete KAC lower and found that guy had installed some shit LPK in it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

I guess the poors will never know you’re one of them as long as you have a cool rollmark.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 12:00:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I guess the poors will never know you’re one of them as long as you have a cool rollmark.
View Quote

You will never know they are a “poor” when they take you down from 500 using a $500 poverty pony ??
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 12:35:30 AM EDT
[#15]
The LWRCI IC lowers are one of the better designs as far as ambidextrous features, IMHO.
It's too bad they don't sell them as components.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 12:54:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Magpul China Doll
UCWRG aka Umbrella Corporation
Noveske garbage pail kid lower
Sabre Defence, thunder cat lower
Hodge Defense
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 1:00:03 AM EDT
[#17]
I’d add PWS and ADM stripped ambi lowers to the list of considerable options. LMT MARS-L is my favorite.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 1:05:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 1:26:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Guess I need to trash my SOLGW lower.  It didn’t make the list.

Seriously the lower isn’t where the magic happens (other than full ambi) as long as it’s forged 7075 aluminum and in spec it’s all good.
View Quote

SOLGW is on the list at Mid-tier.
LMT Mars-l & KAC ambi.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 1:58:47 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Lol this list is goofy
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 2:34:55 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Besides the above listed lowers I'm partial to
the Mega ambi and PWS ambi lowers.
View Quote

I agree with this.  

But also still like San Tan, Rainier Arms Ambi, SMOS, Cross Machine Tool, and maybe SLR for a gimmick build.  Those are just personal preferences but also believe they're premium choices.

The Premier Gucci would be the original run MAGPUL Billet Lowers.  And to that effect, the ARF.com Lowers that they made off that mold.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 2:43:27 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Aero Ambi is the best IMO.
View Quote

They are not, because the ejection port presses down on the right side bolt lever, they interfere with LRBHO on most uppers. I thought they were the shit too when they came out, turns out they are not. MARS-L has the same functionality but none of the problems. It doesn't have any goofy "lifestyle" waffle/skull/ribbed for her pleasure billet design either.

For me, if it's not a MARS-L (best) or KAC (I like the logo) then its because of some clone reason.

Radian is cool, but why would you get a Radian when you can get a MARS-L for cheaper?
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 6:39:26 AM EDT
[#23]
The initial list is pretty good. I'll just add that for the money an Aero lower is good to go. I've got 3 Noveske builds and the wife has an Aero M4E1 that we're building for her. I'm actually pretty impressed with that lower. At the end of the day, you get what you pay for. I'd love to have a KAC in the safe, maybe someday. My son's initials are LMT so I'd love to buy/build him an LMT.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 6:48:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Lol this list is goofy
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol this list is goofy

As is the perception of many.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 7:44:31 AM EDT
[#25]
Any lower that is in spec will do.

What maters is what you use to fill it.  A good trigger can cost 2x or more than the lower, and good parts are the key.

My best lower is a PSA filled with a SD-E, Strike industry things like an ambi safety, enhanced bolt catch and tight fitting takedown pins.  

My worst lower is a PSA with same trigger but PSA  supporting hardware.  The safety isn't as crisp and the standard paddle isn't as functional.   It all still works.  

Don't get hung up on a roll mark, you make your rifle top shelf by what you fill it with.  

Now, uppers are where the magic happens.  Get a quality upper with a great barrel.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 8:11:01 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have a delton lower on one of my match rifles.
Thousands of rounds and several trigger swaps on that lower. It’s one of the best fits to the BCM uppers I used.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 8:34:52 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Thousands of rounds and several trigger swaps on that lower. It’s one of the best fits to the BCM uppers I used.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The "Tier Chart" was posted as a joke. Much like the concept.  
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 8:52:44 AM EDT
[#28]

Link Posted: 11/30/2020 9:15:49 AM EDT
[#30]
The Unicorn is just hilarious and easily recognized as a joke.  Like pink Magpul furniture.

But WTF are the other 2?
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 9:21:09 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
The Unicorn is just hilarious and easily recognized as a joke.  Like pink Magpul furniture.

But WTF are the other 2?
View Quote

If I recall they are made by Sharps Bros. I've never seen one in real life.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 9:25:45 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But WTF are the other 2?

If I wrenched or flew an A10 I would hunt down that hog lower.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 9:27:33 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

But WTF are the other 2?
View Quote

Sharps novelties.

Not sure why ST came to mind.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 10:12:58 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Magpul China Doll
UCWRG aka Umbrella Corporation
Noveske garbage pail kid lower
Sabre Defence, thunder cat lower
Hodge Defense
View Quote
I want a Thunder Cat and Umbrella lower.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 10:37:46 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Any lower that is in spec will do.

What maters is what you use to fill it.  A good trigger can cost 2x or more than the lower, and good parts are the key.

My best lower is a PSA filled with a SD-E, Strike industry things like an ambi safety, enhanced bolt catch and tight fitting takedown pins.  

My worst lower is a PSA with same trigger but PSA  supporting hardware.  The safety isn't as crisp and the standard paddle isn't as functional.   It all still works.  

Don't get hung up on a roll mark, you make your rifle top shelf by what you fill it with.  

Now, uppers are where the magic happens.  Get a quality upper with a great barrel.
View Quote

This. If you're going for some fancy boutique build and there is a receiver set that you just have to have, then fine. Make it look the way you want. If you're just looking to impress people with your roll mark, at the end of the day it's still just a home build. It could quite likely be better than 90% of the shit in the local gun store's rack, but value wise buying a high end factory gun will offer more resale down the road. Take the money you're going to throw at a roll mark that means nothing and put into parts that matter. I'd rather have a rifle with a poverty pony lower that's running a match barrel and good trigger over any fancy lower with budget parts. Barrel, trigger and optics. The rest is secondary.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 11:00:35 AM EDT
[#37]
No love for Larue?
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 12:04:58 PM EDT
[#39]
I don't think you'll find better than an LMT MARS ambi lower for cost vs features.  If you get a mil discount at primary arms they are pretty nicely priced.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 12:58:46 PM EDT
[#40]
The Mega arms apentrexious billet lowers were the best
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 3:30:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But WTF are the other 2?

My 13yo Grandson would be all over those. 11yo Granddaughter would dig on the unicorn. She already got some pink and purple AR mags.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 3:37:16 PM EDT
[#42]
I like the ADM Ambi lowers.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 3:48:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

My 13yo Grandson would be all over those. 11yo Granddaughter would dig on the unicorn. She already got some pink and purple AR mags.
View Quote
that unicorn lower is a spikes tactical

Spikes tactical unicorn
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 5:48:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Would like to find a radian ambi in stock someplace for a decent price.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 6:10:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

As is the perception of many.
View Quote

Agreed, hey maybe one day someone will actually brand a “gucci” lower like they started with the gucci chest rigs lol
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 9:35:03 PM EDT
[#46]

All this drippy shit.

That “tier” list pic is taken as gospel but shouldn’t be.  Noveske is a T-shirt company.
WW makes good rifles.

You wanna be a real badass? Get a MK18 upper, slap it on an Anderson lower, spray it, and shoot the piss out of it.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 9:58:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

I would put V7 at the top of the list.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 10:39:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Hodge AU-Mod 2
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 10:57:33 PM EDT
[#49]
The Magpul MPL is probably up there pretty high on the Gucci list. I’ve got the clone version and it’s nice.

But I’m definitely a fan of the MARS, and VLTOR lowers.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 11:11:09 PM EDT
[#50]
What makes the Umbrella Corps lowers so special? Sure, the Resident Evil branding is cool, but not $180 for a basic forged lower cool.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top