Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/6/2020 3:44:20 PM EDT
Hello everyone, I'm looking for a high end AR mid-length rifle that offers sub MOA out of the box. I think I've narrowed it down between a Triarc 13.9 and Radian 14.5. Does anyone have experience with either and willing to share their thoughts? I've heard great things about both companies but unfortunately have not been able to handle or shoot either. My pricing between the two is very similar.

Radian 14.5 with a warcomp.
+ ADAC lower with flared magwell
+ 416R barrel

Triarc 13.9, with enhanced milspec trigger, A5 system, warcomp
+ Wedgelock Rail
+ A5 system
+ Track 2.0 barrel

Link Posted: 12/6/2020 4:30:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 4:48:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
DD

Aero
View Quote

I would buy the Triarc over the Aero all day. Aero makes decent stuff but I will not buy from them after the shit the pulled in the early 201x’s.
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 5:43:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Buy training
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 5:58:50 PM EDT
[#4]
KAC.... ya ill be that guy
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 6:14:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Not heard of either of those companies.

AR pattern rifles are not *expressly* designed for accuracy.

If you're wanting accuracy, I would look for a barrel length of at least 18"

Link Posted: 12/8/2020 11:52:28 AM EDT
[#6]
I own three Triarcs, including a 13.9, and voted appropriately. I didn't think they would be worth the price but I'm glad I was wrong. They are the most accurate guns I own and I've sold off all the rest.
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 10:24:01 PM EDT
[#7]
I have not owned a Triarc although they do have a good reputation. OTOH, I do own Radian and even their older stuff, previously known as AXTS. The Radian is absolutely top notch. Their ADAC lower also has ome unique features. Having assembled them myself, I can say they are beautifully machined and executed inside and out. Radian is perhaps my favorite AR company. If you are buying a factory built rifle, they also use AR Gold triggers, their own Raptor charging handle and Talon safety which are among the best and even other companies use their stuff.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 9:56:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

You're not wrong.

Kac or lmt is the way to go.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 3:21:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

You're not wrong.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're not wrong.

I’m a fan of Triarc, but at the prices of complete rifles, KAC all day.

Also to OP, on Radian’s IG there are quite a few people complaining about not receiving the rifles after 18+ months.  I think the most I saw was 24 months since they ordered and no rifle with almost zero communication from Radian.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 3:45:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

You're not wrong.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're not wrong.

Yes and yes
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 3:42:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

There are a million threads on this so I wont elaborate but barrel length has no real effect on accuracy.
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 3:46:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Neither.

DD
KAC
G
LMT
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 4:16:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ugh. . . accuracy is independent of barrel length . . . except that there is less whip in a shorter barrel, so there is some data that suggests, ceteris paribus, that a shorter barrel is actually more accurate than a long barrel.

Will this nonsense never end?  This is why physics and firearms should be taught in high schools.  

Velocity increases with length.  So, unless you're talking about going through the transonic range, barrel length could probably (in most cases) be ignored when it comes to discussions of "accuracy."
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 7:28:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Sub MOA? Here are my recommendations.

- Compass Lake Engineering

- White Oak Armament

- Keystone Accuracy

Just make sure it has a good barrel, float tube and a good trigger. Douglas, Krieger, Bartlein, Shilen, Hart .......
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 12:59:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

You're not wrong.

View Quote
Yes
Quoted:

There are a million threads on this so I wont elaborate but barrel length has no real effect on accuracy.
View Quote
Also yes
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 7:28:15 PM EDT
[#16]
triarc 13.9 upper (pin gas and muzzle device at factory) on the radian lower and a5 tube.

cant go wrong with either. i have a 14.5 radian with criterion barrel, but i tend to prefer a slimmer rail. ive heard that the radian complete rifle is a bit heavy, i think that is from the barrel.

im pretty sure radian lower is heavier but IMO the best lower on the market.

i think the 12.5 mid triarc upper and the radian lower, safety, CH, the A5 buffer and your favorite trigger would make a perfect all around gun. ill post a pic of that in about 9-13 wks.

if money aint a thang, you gotta try a KAC. i want to.
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 8:04:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Consider having a match barrel made from a top quality blank like Krieger or Lilja, etc
Ie Precision firearms or some other well known barrel shop
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 8:54:06 PM EDT
[#18]
In that price range I’d be going Geissele or LMT
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 2:02:35 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Barrel length is not a relevant variable if you’re talking about precision, which you’re calling accuracy.

All other things being equal, there is no reason why a 10.5” barrel won’t be capable of the same level of precision as a 20” barrel. The only thing you’re giving up is velocity.

Please stop repeating this. We should be better than this.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 11:16:46 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I would buy the Triarc over the Aero all day. Aero makes decent stuff but I will not buy from them after the shit the pulled in the early 201x’s.
View Quote

What did they do in the early 201x's?
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 12:50:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Under 1 moa out-of-the-box is ammo dependent. If you think any rifle will consistently shoot M193/M855 under 1 moa you are in for a rude awakening. Buy a White Oak Armament upper and put it on any lower you want. You will have the potential to shoot sub moa immediately provided your ammo is up to the task.

If you want a dependable duty/self-defense rifle any name brand will serve you well:
LMT
Daniel Defense
Colt

are all top picks.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 8:22:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
DD

Aero
View Quote

Lmao those are not even in the same class as Triarc.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top