Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/22/2017 12:22:04 AM EDT
Which would be best? Gonna go the 13" route with a 14.5" pinned/weld.  Looking to mount a light, laser, foregrip, sling and iron sight. I want it to be bombproof, but not stupid heavy.

I'm having concerns about my NOVESKE NSR  for some reason-it just seems like something so small can't be strong "enough" (right?) as well as it seems like they aren't used much-maybe because they're obsolete?

Any help on the issue would be great. Ps I don't have the retaining pin on the NSR-just lock tight
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:08:24 AM EDT
[#1]
I wouldn't hesitate to run any of those handguards.

NSRs have always been GTG in my book.  But your location shows PA, so I should vote Geissele I suppose.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 2:57:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Geissele, but I'm biased. DD rails aren't really anything special.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 7:04:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wouldn't hesitate to run any of those handguards.

NSRs have always been GTG in my book.  But your location shows PA, so I should vote Geissele I suppose.
View Quote
Pretty much my reasoning, too.

I'm sure DD is a good company and offers quality products, but between the support Geissele shows here, the quality of the products, and the fact that they're local...well, the decision is pretty easy for me.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:36:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Geissele. It isn't even a question.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 5:11:15 AM EDT
[#5]
geissele.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 11:02:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Geissele gets my vote as well.  I'm on a meager collection of 2 G rails and 2 ALG rails.  Very solid, and outstanding customer service.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 11:18:07 AM EDT
[#7]
I would have no doubts in that nsr. I think most people overlook it because you don't have to time the gas tube but will have to align the screw holes for the handguard where on the geissele its just torque and thats it. If you already have the nsr, I would just run it unless you feel the diameter is too small and it doesn't "feel" good in your hand.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top