Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/19/2017 8:37:12 PM EDT
I was installing the Troy free float drop in rail. Well the bcm triangle front cap was makeing contact with the rail. So I took a screw driver
And bent it were it doesn't connect I didn't bend it much. But barrel was un supported did I mess my barrel up. New to ars.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 10:29:56 PM EDT
[#1]
You should be ok, the front cap isn't thick enough that you would need enough pressure to bend the barrel. ARs aren't fragile things, but I know where you are coming from when you something and worry you might have damaged something.

Give it some time and you'll be throwing the rifle around and banging it on stuff without a care in the world.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 12:11:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info first build first ar pretty proud of it sucks I had to bend that. But I didn't want it contacting the free float rail.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 2:08:56 PM EDT
[#3]
OP, I'm confused.

Why would you use a BCM triangle front cap on a Troy rail, that I assume is round?  

Also --  your OP reads like you're worried about 'nothing touching the rail', when you should be concerned with nothing touching the barrel.   It's the barrel that is "free floated"

I assume the Troy rail came with it's own barrel nut?   The receiver is what should be supporting the barrel...with the barrel nut locking it in place.  Forward of the receiver, the only thing touching the barrel should be the gas block.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 3:35:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Try to post a picture of it.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 5:50:04 AM EDT
[#5]
It's troys drop in free float. No barrel nut.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 1:43:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's troys drop in free float. No barrel nut.
View Quote
ETA:  Disregard, misread your post.  If it was touching the rail and you bent it slightly to stop it from touching, you didn't hurt anything.  

Still would be good to get a pic.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top