Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/15/2017 8:18:28 PM EDT
Since colt makes their own barrels I've heard nothing but good reviews on how accurate they are shooting tight groups. On the other hand BCM makes higher quality rifles as others say. However I've heard others say colt's barrels outlast bcm and are more accurate. Is this true? Post target pics if you can
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 8:24:41 PM EDT
[#1]
My Pre-ban Bushmaster has 2 Uppers; Both with 20" 1/7 Chrome-lined Bore & Chamber COLT Barrels.

1 is A2 & t'other is HBAR.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 8:26:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Individual results vary.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 11:40:10 AM EDT
[#3]
IME the BCM BFH 16" pencil shoots a tad better than a Colt 6921 barrel.just barely and may be operator indifference.,The BCM shoots better than a 6920 barrel once again IME

The 14.5 Colt SOCOM barrel shot equal to the BCM 16" but was too heavy for my old bones and went away
YMMV
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 5:58:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Which barrels are more accurate?

Straight ones.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 7:19:25 PM EDT
[#5]
According to the MOA all day thread, LaRue is the leader.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 7:27:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Are you talking about "accurate" rack grade barrels, or "Accurate" barrels?
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 10:14:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Im trying to say accurate as in getting tight groupings other than remembering the basic fundamentals of marksmanship
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 11:43:42 PM EDT
[#8]
I can shoot MOA all day long at 100 yards with my Ballistic Advantage barrels and if you stick their their parameters, they guarantee you will to.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 12:25:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Im trying to say accurate as in getting tight groupings other than remembering the basic fundamentals of marksmanship
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well if you want a genuine precision barrel there are numerous options, such as Lilja, Kreiger, White Oak or Compass Lake custom, Shilen, Pac-Nor (who also makes Noveske's stainless barrels), some others.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 9:57:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Well if you want a genuine precision barrel there are numerous options, such as Lilja, Kreiger, White Oak or Compass Lake custom, Shilen, Pac-Nor (who also makes Noveske's stainless barrels), some others.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This.  The two barrels in OP are not match barrels and are intended to shoot the typical 2.5 MOA or so M193 and M855 ammo.  One should not expect MOA or sub MOA groups from either.  They should provide long service life, however.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 8:56:56 PM EDT
[#11]
I have two BCMs with M4A1 14.5" barrels, two Colts with 16" M4 barrels, and an Aero I built using a Colt M4A1 14.5" I am not a good enough shot to say definitively that one is more accurate than the other. I also primarily shoot with iron sights, and none of these rifles have two-stage triggers. They are all very similar. I have never sat down and measured a group from any of them.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 4:44:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
if you stick their their parameters, they guarantee you will to.
View Quote
No, they guarantee their barrels will...the shooters' capabilities is a different issue.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 6:37:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I can shoot MOA all day long at 100 yards with my Ballistic Advantage barrels and if you stick their their parameters, they guarantee you will to.
View Quote
What are their parameters.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top