Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2017 11:06:26 AM EDT
Hi all,

I was in DSG's store front earlier this week and they had a complete PRI Mk12 on the wall.  I had been looking at their complete uppers recently and had started a "fund me" jar to save up for one.  

What are your thoughts on those uppers compared to more modern configurations we see now days?  I know the Douglas barrel is pretty sweet, but I just wonder if I wouldn't be better off building something with a MLok rail.  I mean, I guess to stay true to a Mk 12 for clone purposes that's a purist way to go, but I just wonder what some folks in the community feels about the practical function of the Mk 12 versus other modern stuff that have come out in recent years.

I'd mainly be using this as a range gun for 300-500 yards.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 12:27:51 AM EDT
[#1]
It really all depends on what you want. If you want a true clone, then the PRI is a great choice. I've heard great results come from the Douglas barrels, but never shot one myself.

Personally, I ended up stocking parts for a SPR build and sent to ADCO for asssembly. I realized there were better deals out there on barrels and I could set it up the way I wanted. M-Lok is the way to go IMO. But the MK12 is still an amazing system.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 9:49:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It really all depends on what you want. If you want a true clone, then the PRI is a great choice. I've heard great results come from the Douglas barrels, but never shot one myself.

Personally, I ended up stocking parts for a SPR build and sent to ADCO for asssembly. I realized there were better deals out there on barrels and I could set it up the way I wanted. M-Lok is the way to go IMO. But the MK12 is still an amazing system.
View Quote
Thanks.  Ive never gone for a true clone so maybe this could be a good first project for me.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:38:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I've had a PRI MK12 upper, but I opted for the triangular 'delta' handguard, other than that it was the same. I think you should get one if you're going after a certain look, already have an ops inc can, or are building a Mk.12. It's a very high quality upper, and mine shot lights out, but it doesn't shoot well enough to justify cost alone. You can get something that shoots just as well or better for substantially less. Also, it was fairly chunky, and the rail system raised the optic quite a bit which sucked for getting a good cheek weld.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:59:42 PM EDT
[#4]
They're great, do it! PRI built one for me without their logo etched on the receiver and PEQ style swan sleeve.

Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:07:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
They're great, do it! PRI built one for me without their logo etched on the receiver and PEQ style swan sleeve.

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/557/31588981834_23c083919b_h_d.jpg
View Quote
That is freaking badass!  I've decided it will be my new project.  DSG has the complete uppers so I'll probably go that route.  Will be a couple months before I drop the cash but I think this will be an awesome first clone project.

You've got a wicked rifle there.  Really cool that they worked with you on it to get it how you wanted it!
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 1:24:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
That is freaking badass!  I've decided it will be my new project.  DSG has the complete uppers so I'll probably go that route.  Will be a couple months before I drop the cash but I think this will be an awesome first clone project.

You've got a wicked rifle there.  Really cool that they worked with you on it to get it how you wanted it!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/557/31588981834_23c083919b_h_d.jpg

As long as you understand what you're getting I say go for it. Even though my current SPR's are lighter, cheaper, and may even shoot a bit better, my Mk.12 was one of the ones I definitely regret selling. It's an awesome precision upper and looks beyond cool.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 1:37:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
Thanks, the Holdrens are great people to work with. Check out the MK12 thread as well, loads of valuable information there. My AEM5 should be out of jail by the end of the month

For reference these are the parts I swapped:
Bolt carrier for a Colt (carrier only, the bolts are matched to the barrels)
Rear sight for ARMS #40
Short Ops collar for a long Ops collar
Charging handle for PRI Gas Buster
Built with PEQ swan sleeve and logo-less receiever
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 3:41:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Pri upper.  I've owned it for about 3 years and love it.  Very accurate.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top