Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/10/2016 2:03:18 PM EDT
I've been looking for an M LOK rail to use on a new build when I came across the Centurion CMR M LOK. The price is right at $195 (13") and I really like the mounting system. Is there any reason to not pull the trigger on this rail?
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 2:36:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 2:45:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 3:16:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the pics Stick!
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 5:42:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, it looks good!

I've had my eye on these as well.
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 6:37:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well, it looks good!

View Quote

I'm ordering the 13" model this evening
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 7:45:12 PM EDT
[#6]
There's a 15" one in the EE for $185 shipped.  BNIB jus say'n

Obviously not mine but hey..................http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_22/1570738_Centurion_Arms_CMR_MLOK_15_Rail___185_Shipped_.html
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 7:48:23 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, it looks good!

Tagging.

Post pics when it's go time!
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 8:27:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
There's a 15" one in the EE for $185 shipped.  BNIB jus say'n

Obviously not mine but hey..................http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_22/1570738_Centurion_Arms_CMR_MLOK_15_Rail___185_Shipped_.html
View Quote

I shot him an IM. Not sure if I want a 15" or not though.
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 9:12:01 PM EDT
[#9]
15's are for 3-Gunners. Get a 13.
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 9:58:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Very true
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 10:50:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 10:52:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Very true
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Very true

I ended up passing on the 15, I really want the 13.
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 11:26:02 PM EDT
[#13]
And now this thread has been sentenced to die in the subforum of death known as Rifles, Uppers, Lowers, Barrels, and More
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 12:54:15 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

And now this thread has been sentenced to die in the subforum of death known as Rifles, Uppers, Lowers, Barrels, and More
View Quote

RIP
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 1:03:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Best there is at any price (and the price is very good). There are others out there that do things differently, but none that I've found work "better". If you want sleek, strong, and stable, this is your rail.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 8:38:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Do these have some sort of anti rotation feature like a KMR or MI G3 etc?
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 8:59:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Make sure you buy the Centurion Arms gas block too.  There's a bunch of gas blocks out there that won't have enough clearance with the CMR.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 10:06:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Make sure you buy the Centurion Arms gas block too.  There's a bunch of gas blocks out there that won't have enough clearance with the CMR.
View Quote

I already have low pro gas block that should work. The regular CMR has an inside diameter of 1.12" while the CMR M-LOK is 1.23". Worst case is I'll have to take a file to the GB.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 1:24:47 PM EDT
[#19]

Hey Stickman,

You're obviously very knowledgeable about these rails.  How do you like the mounting system?  Like where would it rank amongst other options?

I ask because I have a REV II, and like it,......but I think the mounting method is very weak.  I've considered switching, and the CMR really speaks to me.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 2:00:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Hey Stickman,

You're obviously very knowledgeable about these rails.  How do you like the mounting system?  Like where would it rank amongst other options?

I ask because I have a REV II, and like it,......but I think the mounting method is very weak.  I've considered switching, and the CMR really speaks to me.

Thanks!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Hey Stickman,

Thanks!

I had a 14" REV and it kept shifting around. It was more than likely caused by an out of spec barrel nut but I still dislike the way it mounts.

The CMR appears to use a robust mounting system, I'm interested to see what Stick has to say about it.

Link Posted: 8/11/2016 2:34:37 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Best there is at any price (and the price is very good). There are others out there that do things differently, but none that I've found work "better". If you want sleek, strong, and stable, this is your rail.
View Quote

I know their pricy but I also can't get my mind off the Geissele mk8... It's a toss up for me between the two.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 5:19:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I know their pricy but I also can't get my mind off the Geissele mk8... It's a toss up for me between the two.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was thinking about picking up a MK8 but I like the sleekness of the Centurion as well as the price.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 7:14:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I was thinking about picking up a MK8 but I like the sleekness of the Centurion as well as the price.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would probably buy Griffen Armaments new rail tomorrow if it didn't cost so much due to coming with extra parts I don't want or need.  Lol.

The new CMR is very tempting.

Oh, and I think you were the poster I discussed the REV with a few months ago.  I told you to really tighten the screws and every other trick I knew.  Well.....mine finally pissed me off awhile back when I removed it for a barrel swap.  I could never get it mounted as sturdy as I had it the first time.  I learned some new tricks, but the point is I shouldn't have to use them on a relatively expensive rail system.

1.  The barrel nut has to be completely degreased.  No amount of tightening will overcome the slippage otherwise.
2.  I removed the bottom "key" panel.  I set it it on my bench and lightly smacked it with a dead blow hammer.  This actually deformed it slightly from original.  This way when you tighten it, it pinches even harder.
3.  The Final Solution.  I put a light to medium coating of JB weld epoxy on the barrel nut and "key" piece.  I then got the rail absolutely where I wanted it.  Tightened it.  I let it cure.  No more movement.

Yes, I know that's an extreme measure.  Yes, I will probably have to cut the damn thing off when/if I change it in the future.  But I was so irritated I was THIS close to trashing it and buying another brand.  So I said "meh..eff it"
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 7:29:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Just buy the 15" CMR...you'll love it
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 8:08:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 8:12:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 9:15:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Just buy the 15" CMR...you'll love it
View Quote

I would have but I just really wanted the 13". I paid more for a shorter rail wtf lol
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 9:16:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Very solid, without question.  

I think I probably have more CMR rails on my personal weapons than any other rails.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hey Stickman,

Thanks!

Very solid, without question.  

I think I probably have more CMR rails on my personal weapons than any other rails.  

That means a lot coming from you Stick. I can't wait to until mine gets here
Link Posted: 8/13/2016 11:38:24 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 1:31:24 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 4:12:16 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I just opened my magic CMR drawer, and there are 9" CMR rails inside, so yes, yes they do make them.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
  I need a 9" to sit behind the FSB on an existing upper. Do they make such a thing?

I just opened my magic CMR drawer, and there are 9" CMR rails inside, so yes, yes they do make them.  

Wished I had a magic drawer....

Link Posted: 8/14/2016 10:38:55 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 11:09:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 11:31:15 PM EDT
[#34]
I want a magic drawer full of cool gun stuff but I'm not one of the cool kids
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 12:21:26 AM EDT
[#35]
I replaced my Troy Vtac with the Centurion Arms M LOK 13.  Hands down the one of the best rails in the game today!  It feels and appears to be a much stronger mounting system vs the VTac.  I've ran through the gambit of DD, KAC and Larue stuff.   Centurion Arms handguard are the SH!T.  

That handguard is well worth the $200.00.  You cant find a better handguatd for that price.

It's a small business owned by a Veteran that makes excellent products.  

BUY IT!

*  Hopefully they will start production soon on the MLOK accesories but they just moved to the INDY area from San Diego.
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 1:23:34 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I replaced my Troy Vtac with the Centurion Arms M LOK 13.  Hands down the one of the best rails in the game today!  It feels and appears to be a much stronger mounting system vs the VTac.  I've ran through the gambit of DD, KAC and Larue stuff.   Centurion Arms handguard are the SH!T.  

That handguard is well worth the $200.00.  You cant find a better handguatd for that price.

BUY IT!

*  Hopefully they will start production soon on the MLOK accesories but they just moved to the INDY area from San Diego.
View Quote

Would you mind posting some pics of your rifle?
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 1:52:14 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

BUY IT!

As soon as I get it back from ADCO I'll renew my membership and post some pics.

The CMR Picture Thread sold me on Centurion Arms.

Link Posted: 8/19/2016 5:42:26 PM EDT
[#38]

ETA: I used a micro gas block from righttobear.com and it cleared the CMR M-Lok with room to spare.
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 6:43:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8275/28473080704_6ed66eff48_b.jpg

ETA: I used a micro gas block from righttobear.com and it cleared the CMR M-Lok with room to spare.
View Quote

Nicely done.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top