Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/1/2015 11:55:50 AM EDT
I have a carbine that currently has a BCM 14.7" light weight middy upper with permanently attached Battle Comp 2.0.  I want to replace the Battle Comp with a mount for my can so I don't blow me and my family's hearing out if I ever have to use it in a home defense situation as this is my HD gun.

Where is the best place to get a new barrel in a similar profile for this application?  I will be sending the upper to Adco to have them permanently attached the QD mount and install the barrel upon receipt.

Thanks!

Carbine in question:

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:14:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Adco can remove a permanently attached muzzle device. They destroy it in the process but its cheaper than buying a new barrel. You can probably remove it yourself if you're careful.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:20:08 PM EDT
[#2]
What about a can that's compatible with your Battle Comp?  I thought the 2.0 worked with most A2-compatible cans.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:26:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Adco can remove a permanently attached muzzle device. They destroy it in the process but its cheaper than buying a new barrel. You can probably remove it yourself if you're careful.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I'll contact them to see if that's possible.  I thought they had to remove a small section of the threading/barrel to do it.

Quoted:
What about a can that's compatible with your Battle Comp?  I thought the 2.0 worked with most A2-compatible cans.

I have a YHM QD can that isn't compatible.  It'll be much, much cheaper to source a new barrel and the QD mount than to go through the hassle of buying an A2 compatible can.

A thought just hit me:  how much will a LW barrel flex with a can on it?  Would I be better served to source a M4 or similar profile barrel if Adco can't remove and reinstall a different muzzle device on the existing barrel?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 4:05:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 4:47:38 PM EDT
[#5]
View Quote

Sweet.  I'll try this then.  Thanks for the help.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top