Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/28/2015 7:08:19 PM EDT
Any help is greatly appreciated.
What are the major differences between the Gen 3 and Gen 4 handguards? The one I'm looking at is still a Gen 3 and it's on sale for $30 off, would it be worth it to wait for the Gen 4? Are they that much better?
Thanks all, Mike
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 7:56:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd ask this over in their forum, so you can get the answer straight from them.

From the looks of it, the attachment system used to secure the rail to the barrel nut is different.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 8:01:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Ok I will do that, thank you.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 8:04:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Most of the differences are usually in the clamping design.

SLR is always fine tuning their rails which is hard to do when you have a great design and product in the first place.

Gen 1, 2, 3 or 4 you can't go wrong with any of them.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 8:59:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info wagonwheel1.

Decided to just go for it, placed my order not long ago.
Thanks again.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 12:16:58 PM EDT
[#5]
The gen 3's have helicoil threads in the rails for the clamp bolts. The gen 4's have metal blocks on both sides, with the threads in the blocks instead of the rail. The gen 3 will be a great rail, just don't over tighten your bolts.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 12:28:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The gen 3's have helicoil threads in the rails for the clamp bolts. The gen 4's have metal blocks on both sides, with the threads in the blocks instead of the rail. The gen 3 will be a great rail, just don't over tighten your bolts.
View Quote

Great advice. Ask me how I know
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 12:38:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've seen it first hand...
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 1:18:54 PM EDT
[#8]
You won't be unhappy with it.  My pistol build loves it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 1:56:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That scope needs to hurry up and get here
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 2:50:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Really nice rails and easy to mount. I love mine.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 8:03:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thanks for the advice, I'll keep it in mind.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top