Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2015 10:08:41 PM EDT
For sale is a brand new Ar-15 upper includes Bolt Carrier Group and changing handle

Specs:
Barrel Length 16" NON CHROME LINED
5.56 Nato Chamber
1 in 7" twist
M4 Profile Barrel
.750" Gas Block Diameter
M4 Feedramps
Forged Upper
T-marks
AR-15 Bolt Carrier

Found this for $ 340.00
Barrel maker unknown ....

FO or NO FO ...
Not sure if it's a good deal or not ....  

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:15:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd go here for a complete upper.
http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ar-15-05/barreled-upper-assemblies.html?Banner_Name=SS_Free_Upper_Shipping&Rotation_No=1
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:16:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I think I would do this for $369 from PSA:

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/catalog/product/view/id/14183/category/4220/

They may ship slow, but barrel is made by FN and chromed lined and HPT/MPI.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:20:20 PM EDT
[#3]
With that unknown barrel? No way.

$280 M4 upper with an FN barrel

Add another $100 for a BCG & CH and you'll be $40 more than the Armslist upper for a superior barrel.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:24:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Appreciate it guys !

I really don't need another upper but with this being local I almost pulled the trigger on it.

THANKS !

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:44:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I would do it as I don't see any value in psa products as a whole.  I like unlined uppers for beater rifles plus the few I have are generally pretty accurate, more than some of the psa guys at the club that's for sure.  You always need one upper that is for beater mode......good price, go for it
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:56:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would do it as I don't see any value in psa products as a whole.  I like unlined uppers for beater rifles plus the few I have are generally pretty accurate, more than some of the psa guys at the club that's for sure.  You always need one upper that is for beater mode......good price, go for it
View Quote

If you see no value in FN CHF barrels and prefer unlined barrels that in this case actually cost more, I just dont even know what to say...
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 11:04:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
With that unknown barrel? No way.

$280 M4 upper with an FN barrel

Add another $100 for a BCG & CH and you'll be $40 more than the Armslist upper for a superior barrel.
View Quote

this I would do but not a psa fan
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 11:08:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

If you see no value in FN CHF barrels and prefer unlined barrels that in this case actually cost more, I just dont even know what to say...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't say that so read again.  I actually own 3 FN barrels and know their quality.  psa is a crapshoot and without the fn barrels, you are not getting deal vs what the op cited.  Nothing wrong with unlined barrels for many and especially for a cheap beater.  OP did say he probably doesn't need another upper so he has 'enough' (if that's ever a reality..lol)
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 11:18:03 PM EDT
[#9]
No. Spend a bit more and get a bcm, or a bit less for a psa
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 11:24:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

OP did say he probably doesn't need another upper so he has 'enough' (if that's ever a reality..lol)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

OP did say he probably doesn't need another upper so he has 'enough' (if that's ever a reality..lol)

Your right ! You can never have to many !
Sadly though .....
Mine was lost in a boating accident ....

This upper I was looking at was just a spur of the moment thing & where else better to gauge the market then here !

Which is why I like this site so much . There is always people to help a brother out !

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 12:02:45 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

For sale is a brand new Ar-15 upper includes Bolt Carrier Group and changing handle

Specs:

Barrel Length 16" NON CHROME LINED

5.56 Nato Chamber

1 in 7" twist

M4 Profile Barrel

.750" Gas Block Diameter

M4 Feedramps

Forged Upper

T-marks

AR-15 Bolt Carrier

Found this for $ 340.00

Barrel maker unknown ....

FO or NO FO ...

Not sure if it's a good deal or not ....  

http://cdn2.armslist.com/sites/armslist/uploads/posts/2013/10/23/2252629_01_new_complete_ar_15_upper_m4_ty_640.jpg

http://cdn2.armslist.com/sites/armslist/uploads/posts/2013/10/23/2252629_03_new_complete_ar_15_upper_m4_ty_640.jpg
View Quote
This could very well be a PTAC line of uppers from Palmetto State Armory...and I've seen a PTAC upper like the one mentioned/pictured for $199.95.

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 12:18:37 AM EDT
[#12]
That guy is from New Albany and producing his own. You can do better.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 12:28:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Topic Moved
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top