Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2015 4:49:46 AM EDT
I'm building an AR for Yote hunting, and am looking for barrel advice. I already have a 'long range' gun, this build is for short range (25-200 yds).
I'm leaning towards a 16", Stainless steel, mid-length, 1/8 or 1/9 twist.
I ran across this Faxon barrel- link and am wondering what opinions there might be floating around out there...
Please share if you have experience with this brand, or have a suggestion on where I can get a barrel for under $250 that matches my criteria.
Thank you.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:32:44 AM EDT
[#2]
I just built an AR using one of Faxon's 16" mid-length melonite barrels.   Haven't had it out to the range yet, but the barrel is a thing of beauty.  The workmanship on it looks great.  And, they're customer service is awesome.   Nathan, from Faxon, is a regular on here and is super helpful and responsive.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:51:45 AM EDT
[#3]
You can also find more info here, if you haven't seen this thread yet.  - http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_12/660604_.html

Nathan checks in quite regularly if you have any questions or concerns.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 1:31:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I would really like to see these guys do a BCM copy of their ELW profile sell it with a lo pro pinned gas block.
I'll take one in 18" rifle gas right away and get a 16" mid gassed later on this spring.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:06:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the reply's guys. Murphy's Law, just as soon as I posted this thread I ran across the 9 page thread!
And yes, Nathan is a Rock-star! I ordered one of their barrels and am anxious to get it mounted!
Thanks again for all the help and good information!
Bones.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 12:27:00 AM EDT
[#6]
dupe
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top