Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/11/2015 3:29:56 PM EDT
My buddy is running them on all his builds, and highly recommends them. I've seen the promo video for them, and read a couple reviews. I haven't pulled the trigger yet on one due to the whole price of the device. Cheapest I've found it online is about $125 shipped. I can get other devices for less than $100 (Griffin Armament and BCM are two other brands I'm seriously considering). I'm looking to help improve muzzle control. Flash signature, and sound impulse aren't that huge of a factor for my application.

Is the Dragon money well spent?

Link Posted: 1/11/2015 3:51:26 PM EDT
[#1]
JP's Bennie Cooley took almost all of the recoil out of my Sig 716, for less money.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 6:11:16 PM EDT
[#2]
May I recommend the VG6 Epsilon?  Comparable to the Dragon, got mine for 85 bucks, does exactly what you're looking for.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 7:01:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
May I recommend the VG6 Epsilon?  Comparable to the Dragon, got mine for 85 bucks, does exactly what you're looking for.
View Quote

What he said. The VG6 Epsilon has as good and some reviews say better performance than the dragon and its under $100.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 1:05:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I ran a Lantac on my build but could not stand the lateral blast and immense sound.

I switched it out for the new SLR Synergy Comp.

Same level of recoil impulse control as well as zero muzzle rise.

AND not the huge concussive side blast and noise.

http://slrrifleworks.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=94&product_id=395
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 8:42:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I ended up just spending the little extra, and getting the Dragon. Excited to see how it performs on the rifle. From what I've seen, and read most people who run them like them.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 11:35:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Well my Dragon arrived yesterday. Got home late last night (went to see American Sniper. Great movie!), and installed it on my Del Ton M4 build. Hopefully will get some rounds down range with it this afternoon after work. Excited to see how this brake performs. It looks sweet!
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 11:49:36 AM EDT
[#7]
You haven't tried your buddy's rifles? I've tried it on a friend's AR and I was surprised.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 8:52:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Well I was able to run a few magazines though the rifle this afternoon with the new brake installed. A little more blast (OK alot more) than the A2 bird cage but I was really happy at the muzzle control achieved while shooting fast. I did record the shooting session, and here are the two biggest muzzle flashes I could freeze frame with my cheap computer editing software. I'm also using a crappy old camera for the recording...

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 8:53:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You haven't tried your buddy's rifles? I've tried it on a friend's AR and I was surprised.
View Quote

My buddy lives in S.C. I'm in MN. I could only take his word. LOL
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top