Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/29/2014 9:20:44 PM EDT
I am looking for 2 piece FF rail that clamp over existing barrel nut. I want to cut down my FSB and add an extended rail that covers the entire gas block. It started as a complete BCM upper. I have tried removing the existing barrel nut but that thing is on there good. It is much tighter than previous barrel nuts I have dealt with. I have seen the Troy extended rail but it seems bulky in comparison to a lot of rails i have seen. Are there any other options for what I am looking for?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:52:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Fortis Rev
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 2:35:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Fortis Rev
View Quote

Considering this in no way answers the question or is what the op asked for, no.

Op, I have never seen a 2 piece free float that is that long. I just don't think they exist. If you're cutting down fsb anyway, just go ahead and cut the delta ring off and use whatever free float that uses the factory barrel nut that you want.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:37:41 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Considering this in no way answers the question or is what the op asked for, no.

Op, I have never seen a 2 piece free float that is that long. I just don't think they exist. If you're cutting down fsb anyway, just go ahead and cut the delta ring off and use whatever free float that uses the factory barrel nut that you want.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Fortis Rev

They come in various lengths (up to 15"), clamp over the existing barrel nut, and can be found easily using google.  What more information is needed?

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 9:12:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks. I will google around and see what I can find. By any chance would you know what rails us the existing barrel nut? It always look like most FF rails require a specific barrel but.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 9:35:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Thanks. I will google around and see what I can find. By any chance would you know what rails us the existing barrel nut? It always look like most FF rails require a specific barrel but.
View Quote

Samson Evolution series and Troy Alpha are a couple that I know of. Looks like the Fortis Rev mentioned by the other poster does as well.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 10:06:45 PM EDT
[#6]
The only ones over 12 that use the existing barrel not are troy and the fortis rev from what I can find.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 10:25:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The only ones over 12 that use the existing barrel not are troy and the fortis rev from what I can find.
View Quote

Samson makes a  15". I have keymod version that's made for Rainier.

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 12:08:56 AM EDT
[#8]
I like he looks of the Samson.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top