Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2014 8:50:48 AM EDT
I'm in the market for a lightweight profile barrel for a new upper I'm putting together using a VLTOR MUR and Geissele Mk4 13" forend.  I haven't decided yet on 14.5" pinned or 16" but I do know I want something with a fairly thin profile.

Anyway, in searching various online shopping resources, I came across Ballistic Advantage and am now looking for some feedback.  It looks like this guy makes (or has made) the Spike's 5.45 barrels that seemed to be pretty well respected.  So how are his 5.56 barrels?

Here's a little something I found on YouTube:

Link Posted: 1/6/2014 8:00:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Along the same lines; does anyone know what BA is using for blanks?  Green Mountain?
Link Posted: 1/6/2014 8:21:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/6/2014 12:51:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Great barrels, buy with confidence. Adam is a good friend of mine, he does amazing work. He still does a lot of stuff for me but he's always really busy.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Along the same lines; does anyone know what BA is using for blanks?  Green Mountain?

Great barrels, buy with confidence. Adam is a good friend of mine, he does amazing work. He still does a lot of stuff for me but he's always really busy.

Thanks for the "+1."  

Can you disclose the source for BA's blanks?  Green Mountain?  Wilson?  Shaw?

Thanks again.
Link Posted: 1/6/2014 12:59:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/14/2014 6:17:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Order placed for a 16" Hanson profile. Thanks again for the feedback.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 5:51:34 AM EDT
[#6]
The barrel has arrived and it looks good. The machine work is nice and my build went together with minimal fuss.

The barrel fit very snuggly inside the upper and took a couple gentle taps to fully seat. The Geissele gas block was snug but not so tight that it took any tools to work onto the barrel.

Overall, a nice barrel and I'm pleased. Hopefully it will continue to please once I get the chance to put it on paper.

Link Posted: 1/20/2014 8:45:59 AM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 1/20/2014 9:38:13 AM EDT
[#8]
I had a dedicated 22 upper built by them.
It took a little longer than quoted, but I was absolutely pleased with the accuracy and workmanship.

Now for the downside.
I did experience a minor issue with a spring, and haven"t been able to talk to a soul by phone or email for six months.
I finally improvised.
So forget follow up service.

Liked the product, and the people, but a little concerned if something else breaks.
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 7:49:18 PM EDT
[#9]
I've got a BA 10.5" barrel being delivered tomorrow for a pistol build.

I'll post some pics up once it arrives.
Link Posted: 1/21/2014 8:16:39 PM EDT
[#10]
As promised, pics:

The barrel arrived nicely packaged, and lightly oiled.

Barrel marked with BA's logo, caliber - twist- material - HP/MP - and date of Mfg (?).

Here's a pic of the NiB barrel extension.

And what looks like an interesting double "F" marking in the barrel that I've never seen before on other barrels. (That I can recall)

I'm waiting on a handguard to complete the build, so I won't have an opportunity to shoot for another week or so, but just based upon the look and feel of the barrel I'm extremely pleased.

ETA: fixed a pic link
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 2:47:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Mine has the same "F" stamp at top dead center.

Same barrel markings too but mine also has a stylized "H" for Hanson profile.

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 6:24:46 PM EDT
[#12]
90 rounds of Tula and counting.

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 6:48:53 PM EDT
[#13]
I just bought a 5.45x39 barrel from BA, I've heard nothing but good things about their barrels.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 7:08:07 PM EDT
[#14]
I got a 5.45x39 barrel, bolt, gas tube, and gas block. They do take a few days to respond to your emails but they have bent over backwards for me and I will go back. Haven't shot the gun yet but I believe it to be amazing quality and great company.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top