Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/28/2013 12:33:22 PM EDT
I am hoping to tap into the vast knowledge base and depth of experience here to ask for help in selecting a low profile gas block.

I would like very high quality and fit.  I would rather buy good quality once.  I want to be able to have it pinned to the barrel.  The one hangup will be availability.  I need one that is available from distributors now.  Size is .750 gas block.

Can you offer suggestions as to what you have used that you were pleased with in quality and fit?  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 12:42:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Vltor
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 1:18:39 PM EDT
[#2]
i had adco pin a yhm lopro on 2 different barrels.
If you want something with bling  ranier has some nice ones.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:18:23 PM EDT
[#3]
The new Geissele gas blocks look real good, and I don't know of anything they make that isn't good stuff.  However, I haven't heard or seen any reviews of them yet.  Also, if you're looking to pin it yourself, Rainier Arms now has a Pinned Gas Block Kit for do it yourselfers.  I have a Noveske LP gas block that's pinned and it's been working just fine.  Although, I have only less than 400 rounds through it.  I don't think you'll have any issues with any of the major manufacture's gas block like Vltor, BCM, Rainier Arms, MI or whatevers.  Just find the look you like and what's in stock at your favorite vendor.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:18:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Geisselle has theirs also. Both pin and set screw.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=XGASGB&name=GEISSELE+Super+Gas+Block+.750%22&groupid=590

ETA: beat by 35 seconds.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:03:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for all the info and leads.  I am looking over all the manufactures' web sites for specs.  The Geissele block already has the pilot hole for drilling to accomodate the pin.  I am going to check with my armorer to see if he has a preference since he will be installing it.  You guys are correct that all the major brands put out some quality pieces.  I like the look of the Vltor, Troy, and DD among others.  Since the Geissele already has the hole for the pin that is very attractive.  Thanks again for the leads and insight.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top