Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2013 9:44:30 PM EDT

Aside from the really cool roll markings, this thing is really well made.  The mag well has a nice, wide and beveled opening and they put a tension screw behind the grip screw hole that applies tension on the rear lug of the upper receiver to tighten the fit.  They also made the bolt release pin a threaded pin with a recessed allen head.  Finally they finished it off with a really well done black Cerakote.  FTW Coatings is the company to call and the owner seems like a really nice guy.  
I'm gonna try to build this as politically incorrect as legally possible...
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 3:19:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice.

Link Posted: 7/20/2013 3:37:11 PM EDT
[#2]

Sweet.  Price?

Link Posted: 7/20/2013 7:48:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 9:37:49 PM EDT
[#4]
That is a good looking lower.
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 11:53:58 PM EDT
[#5]
I would definitely use that lower for a build...looks great[:I
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 12:44:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sweet.  Price?

View Quote

It was $199.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 4:05:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Given the new laws that went into effect on July 1st regarding weapons manufactured in Kansas, I can see a future test case in my crystal ball.

Not that I want to be that guy!
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 4:31:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Given the new laws that went into effect on July 1st regarding weapons manufactured in Kansas, I can see a future test case in my crystal ball.

Not that I want to be that guy!
View Quote

What am I missing here?
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 5:14:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Where?
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 5:18:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Where?
View Quote

Where what?  Am I in the twilight zone of ARFCOM today or what?  What's with the vague posts?
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 5:18:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Recently we passed HB102 which states if its made in KS and stays in KS, federal laws don't apply. We wrote the president of the KSRA and she forwarded it to the governor about NFA law. After a couple of days we found that NFA law still trumps state law.  Basically the law protects us from future federal laws.  So no SBR's w/o paperwork.
Thanks for posting the pics! Enjoy!
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 5:22:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Yeah I remember you were telling me about that when I called you, but I wasn't sure how that applied here.  Viator's post was vague too and I interprited it as trying to insinuate that I or my lower was going to be some kind of test case for law...?

Love the lower and can't wait to get the build started!  Thanks again for the great customer service too!
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 9:02:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Yeah I remember you were telling me about that when I called you, but I wasn't sure how that applied here.  Viator's post was vague too and I interprited it as trying to insinuate that I or my lower was going to be some kind of test case for law...?

View Quote

Nope. I implied nothing of the sort; neither was I vague. My post merely required a passing acquaintance with recent events in the gun world.

To make it simple:  HB 102 (which went into effect on July 1st) + a lower made in Kansas + a Kansas resident who thinks that HB 102 nullifies the NFA + a paucity of tax stamps + a SBR upper or a FA fire control group = a Kansas test case, and a bad one at that.

I am quite interested in lowers made in Kansas, nevertheless. Thanks for letting us know about this. It never hurts to have a few more stripped lowers in the safe. I already have a handful of stripped lowers either partially assembled or waiting assembly, but I can see a couple of these jumping to the head of the line just for the "Wow! Made in Kansas!" factor.

Link Posted: 7/21/2013 10:02:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Nope. I implied nothing of the sort; neither was I vague. My post merely required a passing acquaintance with recent events in the gun world.

To make it simple:  HB 102 (which went into effect on July 1st) + a lower made in Kansas + a Kansas resident who thinks that HB 102 nullifies the NFA + a paucity of tax stamps + a SBR upper or a FA fire control group = a Kansas test case, and a bad one at that.

I am quite interested in lowers made in Kansas, nevertheless. Thanks for letting us know about this. It never hurts to have a few more stripped lowers in the safe. I already have a handful of stripped lowers either partially assembled or waiting assembly, but I can see a couple of these jumping to the head of the line just for the "Wow! Made in Kansas!" factor.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry bout that, i misunderstood what you were saying then.  I guess since I'm not from KS, the new laws really weren't that fresh or detailed in my mind, but I get what you're saying now and didn't realize that the other guy was from KS too.  

Either way, this is very nice lower; very well built and feature-full.  
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 3:07:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Nice serial prefix  and model designation  Good looking lower!
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 6:01:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 9:59:48 AM EDT
[#17]
JoeBob's has these lowers available for purchase here:

They are made by Quentin Defense.  Very nice lowers, I have one I am currently building.

Link Posted: 7/22/2013 12:42:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Where what?  Am I in the twilight zone of ARFCOM today or what?  What's with the vague posts?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where?

Sorry, where did you purchase, or where could one purchase if they were so inclined, etc.?

Woops,,, more vaguery,  the lower, where could a guy purchase this lower?

If you say "in the USA", I'm gonna cry.

Link Posted: 7/22/2013 9:57:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Sorry, where did you purchase, or where could one purchase if they were so inclined, etc.?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where?

LOL
I got mine right from WTF Coatings but Joe Bob's Outfitters has them available on their web site as well.  JBO is an awesome retailer, I've had nothing but positive experiences buying from them.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 7:46:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
LOL
I got mine right from WTF Coatings but Joe Bob's Outfitters has them available on their web site as well.  JBO is an awesome retailer, I've had nothing but positive experiences buying from them.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/23/2013 3:51:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

LOL
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where?

LOL

FTW ;)
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 5:10:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

FTW ;)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where?

LOL

FTW ;)

LMAO!  Dyslexia for the loss...  FTW not WTF... LOL
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 3:37:59 AM EDT
[#23]
It's all good. Somedays it's like WTF around here.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 11:54:59 AM EDT
[#24]
$199??
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 12:29:56 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

$199??
View Quote
$179.95 at Joe Bob's, see my link above in this thread.  

Link Posted: 7/25/2013 4:26:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Any body know of a .308 lower made in Kansas
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top