Page / 34
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 3:53:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mhbaker81] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MONGO45:
great info guys...!

Ill grab a CA gas block..

It would fit on a LaRue barrel ok correct...?
View Quote

It will fit around the .750 gas journal, but the Larue barrel dimples won't line up with the Centurion set screws. The SLR GB7 micro, however, does line up. There's only two set screws on the SLR, whereas the Larue barrel has three dimples. The two screws align to the outer two dimples on the Larue barrel. This is your best bet for mounting a non-Larue gasblock to your barrel, while also fitting under a CMR rail.

(I only know this because the SLR GB7 micro that now lives on a Ballistic Advantage barrel under my CMR rail used to live on a Larue 224 Valkyrie barrel under an equally tight fitting rail. Trust me... I put a ton of research into this.)
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 5:35:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By mhbaker81:

It will fit around the .750 gas journal, but the Larue barrel dimples won't line up with the Centurion set screws. The SLR GB7 micro, however, does line up. There's only two set screws on the SLR, whereas the Larue barrel has three dimples. The two screws align to the outer two dimples on the Larue barrel. This is your best bet for mounting a non-Larue gasblock to your barrel, while also fitting under a CMR rail.

(I only know this because the SLR GB7 micro that now lives on a Ballistic Advantage barrel under my CMR rail used to live on a Larue 224 Valkyrie barrel under an equally tight fitting rail. Trust me... I put a ton of research into this.)
View Quote

Thanks so much.... I really appreciate it!
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 2:42:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CowboyWubWub] [#3]
[instagram][https://www.instagram.com/p/CAJKBT0paO3/?igshid=11rkl73pn00p8[/instagram]

My 12.5” Grendel with an 11” CMR. Took my first deer with it last weekend.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 7:27:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Any pics of some 308’s with their rail?

Looking at the 11.5 762 rail for a 12.5” project
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 5:34:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Would I be wasting my time trying to fit a geissele gas block under a cmr rail? I already have one on hand and hate to buy another if I don't have to.
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 10:06:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Atticus1354:
Would I be wasting my time trying to fit a geissele gas block under a cmr rail? I already have one on hand and hate to buy another if I don't have to.
View Quote

Time waste. It will be pressed up against the bottom of the rail.
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 12:46:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Atticus1354] [#7]
Thanks. I knew that would be the answer and needed someone to confirm it. I'll get a gb when I get the rail.

Follow up question. What is the difference between a tabbed and nontabbed gasblock? Haven't run in to that terminology before.
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 2:58:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks. I knew that would be the answer and needed someone to confirm it. I'll get a gb when I get the rail.

Follow up question. What is the difference between a tabbed and nontabbed gasblock? Haven't run in to that terminology before.
View Quote

Tabbed gasblocks are specific to Centurion barrels. They have a pocket the tab indexes in so that they time correctly and lock up very solid. If you aren't using a Centurion barrel that has the pocket for the tab then you will want their non tabbed gasblock.
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 3:01:20 PM EDT
[#9]

View Quote

Tabbed means there is a tab/notch on the gas block that aligns with a relief cut in the barrel to assure alignment and reduce chance of coming loose.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 5:20:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CowboyWubWub] [#10]
Originally Posted By USMC_JA:
Its a C4...but feels appropriate for this thread nonetheless.

https://i.imgur.com/9a17YUv.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/74Q7I8o.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/uV2Gq3W.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/8f29CL9.jpg
View Quote

Hey, what's the width of the rail between the side MLOK sections?
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 10:31:55 PM EDT
[#11]
I just picked up a new 13” (13.64”) cmr MLOK.  

Its going on a Noveske marked Vltor MUR upper.  That upper is a little on the thick side directly behind the barrel nut.    As is the case,   the 2 anti-rotation tabs on the back of the rail hit on the upper and wont properly glove it.

Took me a week just to source both of those parts and dont really want to find another one.  Inletting on the receiver is out.  Last option is to file off the tabs on the rail.  Im thinking by applying some loctite on the smooth side of the barrel nut between it and the rail would help prevent any rotation.

Anyone run into this?

Link Posted: 1/30/2021 9:47:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Just recently put a 7.62 rail on my aero m5 upper. No go

I just slowly filed and test fitted till it fit snug..

First centurion rail other then a quad...not impressed by this part..a plastic piece...come on...I would of rather have tabs off the rail that I would of filed..
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 12:23:56 PM EDT
[#13]
I’m thinking about CMR to finish an OEM-2 6920.  

Have a question about anti-rotation.  I see they have a little tab on each side that straddles the receiver, but some have an additional part.  Is that something only on Centurion built uppers, or is it a running change?

Link Posted: 1/30/2021 12:46:11 PM EDT
[#14]
So someone correct me if I’m wrong,  but I believe that  is their older style CMR rail with the 3 clamping screws.   I just got a new MLOK rail.  It does not have that little piece by the gas tube.  But,  It does have the little anti-rotation ears that extend back onto the receiver.  Unfortunately they hit on mine (Noveske vltor MUR) so thats kind of a pisser offer.

I’m still debating to file those off or not......Maybe putting loctite on the outside of the barrel nut and inside of the rail will ensure no rotation.  Its either that or wait forever and a year for a stripped gen3 upper,  or wait forever and a day for a NSR rail......
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 7:14:26 AM EDT
[#15]
That might be true about them on the Oder ones.

Just noticed poking at centurion site, the 762 rail is about the only one with this setup.

Link Posted: 2/4/2021 4:39:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Sneaky peaky of a new build

Link Posted: 2/7/2021 3:45:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By CastorTroy:
https://i.imgur.com/THmGncL.jpg

my 6.5 grendel pistol
View Quote

@CastorTroy

What barrel and rail length is this?
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 4:12:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By rbutcher:

@CastorTroy

What barrel and rail length is this?
View Quote
It's a Monster 12" barrel with an 11" rail
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 10:42:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CowboyWubWub] [#19]
View Quote

Dumb question. Love the peanut butter.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 2:54:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Is Centurion going to make any more things?
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 3:05:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By BNW:
Is Centurion going to make any more things?
View Quote

Do you mean new products or are you talking about restocks?  Element Armament and Rooftop Defense both recently restocked on Centurion products.  I picked up a receiver set and they had at least one 13” CMR m-lok in stock.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 3:51:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BNW] [#22]
Originally Posted By AAMP84:

Do you mean new products or are you talking about restocks?  Element Armament and Rooftop Defense both recently restocked on Centurion products.  I picked up a receiver set and they had at least one 13” CMR m-lok in stock.
View Quote

restocks, mainly barrels and complete uppers

thought I had email subscriptions everywhere that carries centurion but I guess there are a couple I missed
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 9:47:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jnat] [#23]
Centurion has many rails back in stock as of yesterday......ordered a 12” cmr......hoping my noveske lopro gas block fits.   Might need to mill a little off the bottom.  

Some guys say they fit,  some not.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 6:18:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Bump
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 3:37:19 AM EDT
[#25]

Just got my new Colt LE6920-EPR CK Enhanced Patrol Rifle Conversion Kit complete upper half, got it a really good discount during last Labor Day sale from a large online seller.

It came with the latest Centurion production 13.5 inch handguard with current two bolt mounting and black markings, I replaced it with a 15 inch same current model that I got last February.

I moved all my BUIS and red dot from my older 2019 EPR CK with 13.5 CMR, Magpul MBUS Pro, Magpul angled grip type and BCM M-LOK rail panels.

My lower half is an older Colt LE6920 marked "M4 CARBINE" with Colt ambi selector, Magpul MOE K-2 grip and B5 Systems Enhanced SOPMOD FDE stock.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 2:47:06 AM EDT
[#26]
Have the OG CMRs been discontinued? I do not see them on the website anymore.
Link Posted: 9/30/2021 9:22:40 PM EDT
[#27]

My older made in late 2019 Centurion 13.5" M-LOK that came from the factory Colt LE6920-EPR CK Enhanced Patrol Rifle conversion kit upper half, 16 inch standard Gov't profile M4 barrel, Scalarworks fixed front sight, Troy rear sight, Geissele super charging handle and Vortex Sparc AR red dot.

The lower half is a Colt SP6920 marked "Sporter M4 Carbine" with Geissele G2S 2 stage trigger, LMT ambi selector, B5 Systems coyote grip, B5 Bravo SOPMOD coyote stock and Vickers-BFG coyote 2 point sling.

Link Posted: 9/30/2021 9:51:37 PM EDT
[#28]

A closer picture of my Centurion 13.5 inch M-LOK handguard of my Colt LE6920-EPR CK upper half with Scalarworks Peak fixed front sight mounted.

My barrel is 16" Colt M4 type contour with standard A2 flash suppressor.
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 9:45:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Defaultmp3:
View Quote

They are under blemish; holy bump batman
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 10:43:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Defaultmp3:
View Quote

Yes, they are discontinued, unfortunately before I was able to pick one up. Too bad because the mlok rails aren’t nearly as cool. I guess they’re ok if you need one that takes a traditional barrel nut.
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 11:24:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 9:20:10 PM EDT
[#32]

Same carbine I posted on 9/30/2021 except changed the handguard rail cover with Magpul M-LOK FDE covers (X 8) and changed the RDS to same brand Vortex but newer gen 2 Sparc AR with exclusive tan finish and cover.

Also forgot to mention Arisaka front finger stop, BCM GunFighter KAG FDE angled grip, Geissele G2S two stage trigger and Geissele Airborne DDC charging handle.

Picture before the latest change with BCM M-LOK FDE side rail panels and mounted my Surefire Scout M600U weaponlight with Haley Strategic/ IWC M-LOK Thorntail6 offset Scout mount.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 1:29:15 AM EDT
[#33]

On top my new Colt model CR6960 factory midlength gas system 16 inch barrel carbine, shown installed a Centurion Arms ML1513 13.5 inch taken off from my 2021 Colt CR6920-EPR CK M4 carbine conversion kit upper half I got last year.

I modified my CR6960 midlength carbine with Magpul panel covers and angled fore grip, Scalarworks Peak fixed front sight, Knight's Armament Micro 200-600m folding rear sight, Geissele ambi selector, Geissele Super charging handle, B5 Systems grip, B5 Bravo SOPMOD stock, Blue Force Gear Vickers 2 point sling and Magpul PMAG gen 3 windows.

The new Colt CR6960 midlength comes from the factory with the Centurion OEM model handguard with less vent holes and no QD sling mounts, see picture below.

Carbine at bottom, is my same Colt SP6920 marked "Sporter M4 Carbine" lower with Colt LE6920-EPR CK (2019) conversion kit upper half, same carbine as above picture, except now with new Aimpoint Duty RDS.

My new Colt CR6960 midlength carbine factory configuration with Centurion OEM current model handguard with two mounting fasteners and black markings, I bought it last month in April.

I'm going to use this OEM handguard on my other 9mm AR carbine.
Link Posted: 12/16/2022 8:50:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Any chance anybody has a lead on a cmr compatible Arisaka Fingerstop?
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 2:19:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Bumping this old thread to see if anyone has any fitment information!

Im looking at the 15" Centurions arms 762 rail with a +2 rifle gas systems and a Seekins Select AGB, the rail should only overlap the gas block by maybe a .25". But I am wondering if anyone has tested this gas block to see if the rear portion with fit under the 762 rail.

Seekings Select AGB: https://seekinsprecision.com/select-adjustable-gas-block-876.html
Centurion Arms 762 Rail: https://centurionarms.com/7-62-mlok-rail-11-5in-15in/
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 9:00:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By DHwreckage:
Bumping this old thread to see if anyone has any fitment information!

Im looking at the 15" Centurions arms 762 rail with a +2 rifle gas systems and a Seekins Select AGB, the rail should only overlap the gas block by maybe a .25". But I am wondering if anyone has tested this gas block to see if the rear portion with fit under the 762 rail.

Seekings Select AGB: https://seekinsprecision.com/select-adjustable-gas-block-876.html
Centurion Arms 762 Rail: https://centurionarms.com/7-62-mlok-rail-11-5in-15in/
View Quote
I had the same idea except with a 13" rail and standard rifle length gas system, so it should work out to the same placement. Let me mock it up for you real quick.

There's plenty of room between the bottom of the gas block and rail.

There's about 0.052" between the gas block and rail on each side.

Link Posted: 7/31/2023 10:15:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By lwbyo1:
I had the same idea except with a 13" rail and standard rifle length gas system, so it should work out to the same placement. Let me mock it up for you real quick.

There's plenty of room between the bottom of the gas block and rail.
https://i.imgur.com/Fqfcgo4.jpg

There's about 0.052" between the gas block and rail on each side.
https://i.imgur.com/xjzSmIW.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/lxUWBtw.jpg

View Quote

Nice upper, what's the details on the barrel you got there?
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 11:26:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By jmh556:

Nice upper, what's the details on the barrel you got there?
View Quote
It's the Criterion Hybrid 16" barrel  with a rifle length gas system. This mockup is what my original concept was going to be, but I'm not sure yet if this will be the final configuration.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 2:43:42 AM EDT
[#39]
It's the Criterion Hybrid 16" barrel  with a rifle length gas system. This mockup is what my original concept was going to be, but I'm not sure yet if this will be the final configuration.
View Quote

That is a nice setup!!
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 5:06:34 PM EDT
[#40]

That is a nice setup!!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

That is a nice setup!!
Thanks. I'm torn between doing it in that configuration or with the ZEV handguard and low profile gas block.

Link Posted: 8/1/2023 5:12:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Thanks. I'm torn between doing it in that configuration or with the ZEV handguard and low profile gas block.

https://i.imgur.com/H5H9aJD.jpg
View Quote

That's a hard choice as they both look good. I went with the CMR for the weight savings and the quality of Centurion's products. Zev makes awesome stuff as well, from what I have seen, but I have not yet had a chance to use any of their rifle parts. I've had their slides in the past and was completely happy with them. The Zev rail does add a nice aesthetic to the upper.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 8:15:12 PM EDT
[#42]

That's a hard choice as they both look good. I went with the CMR for the weight savings and the quality of Centurion's products. Zev makes awesome stuff as well, from what I have seen, but I have not yet had a chance to use any of their rifle parts. I've had their slides in the past and was completely happy with them. The Zev rail does add a nice aesthetic to the upper.
View Quote
They both weigh about the same (within 0.03 oz of each other). So it's basically which one is more appealing at this point.

I know the logical thing to do would be to build two, but my hobby fund doesn't have reserves enough for another barrel at the moment. I guess I'll have to save up and find an 18" Criterion CL rifle gas (that's actually in stock) and have it chopped to 16".
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 9:22:46 PM EDT
[#43]
I just built this a few weeks ago and I am glad that I went with the 13 inch CMR MLOK rail.

Big Build by James H., on Flickr
Link Posted: 8/2/2023 7:06:41 AM EDT
[#44]
I just built this a few weeks ago and I am glad that I went with the 13 inch CMR MLOK rail.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52993730377_660861db83_c.jpgBig Build by James H., on Flickr
View Quote
Very nice! I like it! Which barrel did you go with?

That looks like a nice little range. I can't wait to get out and put some rounds through the builds I'm finishing. It's just been way too hot to head out to the desert.
Link Posted: 8/2/2023 9:35:29 AM EDT
[#45]

That looks like a nice little range. I can't wait to get out and put some rounds through the builds I'm finishing. It's just been way too hot to head out to the desert.
View Quote

Thanks, I appreciate it. To be honest, I'm not sure who made the barrel since it was given to me by a friend that works at a local shop. If I had to guess, I would say PSA due to the shiny finish and some of the markings on the barrel. The range facility is about a 12 minute drive from my house and has several different ranges within. The pic above was taken on the 100 yard range during the test fire and zero process, and once that was complete I was able to go to the bay next to it and shoot steel out to 600 yards.
Link Posted: 8/2/2023 9:36:38 AM EDT
[#46]

View Quote

Thanks, I appreciate it. To be honest, I'm not sure who made the barrel since it was given to me by a friend that works at a local shop. If I had to guess, I would say PSA due to the shiny finish and some of the markings on the barrel. The range facility is about a 12 minute drive from my house and has several different ranges within. The pic above was taken on the 100 yard range during the test fire and zero process, and once that was complete I was able to go to the bay next to it and shoot steel out to 600 yards.
Link Posted: 8/2/2023 6:22:47 PM EDT
[#47]

Same AR that I posted in 5/26/2022, Colt CR6960 midlength carbine in front with 2021 Centurion Arms 13 handguard (current model with two mounting screws & black markings), Magpul ladder & M-LOK covers, Magpul M-LOK angle grip, IWC hand stop and Sig Sauer 1-6X24 Tango-MSR illuminated reticle LPVO.

At rear is Colt SP6920 marked "Sporter M4 Carbine" with LE6920-EPR CK conversion kit upper half with older configuration Centurion Arms 13 M-LOK handguard (with three mounting screws 2019 model), now with Swampfox Arrowhead 1-6X24 illuminated reticle LPVO, same B5 Systems Bravo SOPMOD coyote stock/ grip, Blue Force Gear Vickers 2 point sling and both carbines have Warne high 1.9 inch optic mounts.
Page / 34
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top