Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2013 12:07:53 PM EDT
So I picked up a Magpul MOE CTR at my lgs the other day to use with a cheap "mil-spec" buffer tube I got off eBay as a back up. When I go to install the stock it barely fits on the tube and requires a ton of effort to move. I was thinking either the tube is actually commercial diameter or the stock is too small. Thoughts anyone?
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 12:10:04 PM EDT
[#1]
ETA : Pictures might help (see next post)
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 12:11:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 12:16:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I knew the actual tube diameter was smaller on the mil-spec. So a commercial MOE stock should fit on a mil-spec tube but it would be lose. In my case it's obscurdly tight. So maybe my " mil-spec" tube is actually a commercial tube? It does have a flat back though...
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 12:39:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I should probably also mention that the stock (or at least the Magpul box it came in) says it is mil-spec.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 12:43:06 PM EDT
[#5]
There ARE mil-spec diameter tubes that have angled back ends...so there are exceptions to the illustration posted above.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 2:45:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 3:27:57 PM EDT
[#7]
buy a new buffer tube from damageusa.com .  They actually have them in stock and they'll ship within a reasonable amount of time.  They are a high quality OEM supplier to several name brand AR15's out there, which means they manufacture everything themselves, in house.  

The buffer tube i received last week from damage was top notch, the quality was good and my MOE stock fits great.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 9:19:38 PM EDT
[#8]
I think the tube is either commercial (doubtful) or out of spec (more likely).  I bought a BCM mil-spec buffer tube and a CTR from DSG Arms.  They go together beautifully.  Buy quality.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 4:19:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Your problem was evident when you stated, "Ebay".
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 4:38:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

That's kind of what I was thinking. At the time it was the only "mil-spec" I could find that was ready to ship. I have another one on order so hopefully I can sort this out by next weekend.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 5:22:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's kind of what I was thinking. At the time it was the only "mil-spec" I could find that was ready to ship. I have another one on order so hopefully I can sort this out by next weekend.

The vendors listed at the top and bottom of this page are usually a safe choice for quality parts and accessories.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top