Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/22/2012 9:44:17 AM EDT
I wonder how many of you have ever shot an ar-15 with the bump fire added to an ar-15. I would wonder if you think it's worth it 350 dollars or not. thanks in advance
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 10:31:58 AM EDT
[#1]
I have one and use it mostly on my 9mm AR to save money on ammo but I do throw it on the 5.56 occasionally. It definetly is fun but is not something I use every time I go shoot. If you have the extra money to spend on one I think it is worth it. Its a lot cheaper than gettting a registered machine gun.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 11:52:21 AM EDT
[#2]
If you enjoy wasting ammo and have $350.00 to throw away, by all means, get one.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 12:04:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 12:27:56 PM EDT
[#4]
The Slide Fire stock is excessively priced for what it is. It's completely unnecessary and wastes but loads of ammo.

However, I bet very few people can play with one and NOT smile after dumping a mag or two.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 1:25:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I've never shot one but saw someone with one on an AR at the range.  Don't expect much accuracy since the gun is bouncing around all over the place.  Sure does look like fun though.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 1:49:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Paging SkilletsUSMC
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 3:36:42 PM EDT
[#7]
It pairs nicely with a full beta mag. I own one and have ran probably 400 rounds while bump firing. It's a fun toy but no real practical reason for it, but I didnt buy it for practical use. Everyone should have a few things that are just toys. I live on a big farm where I can use it whenever I feel like using it, so that helped justify the money.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:40:28 PM EDT
[#8]
I'll mimic what someone else said .. It's crazy overpriced and you won't use it as designed all the time. But you cannot giggle like a kid when you use it.

I got mine used and put it on a 15-22. I am still working out the kinks of using on a .22, but make no mistake, it was money well spent.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:56:16 PM EDT
[#9]
I bought one when they first hit the market and stuck it on a $400 Bushmaster Carbon 15 I bought from a friend in need of quick cash (only reason I bought the rifle). At the time I also owned a transferable Cobray M11 SMG 9mm and I personally got more enjoyment shooting the $750 "simulated" machine gun than I did shooting the $3,000 SMG. Accuracy is not great , but at 30 yards I will get all 30 rounds from a magazine on the full size silhouette targets. It's a fun toy to play with. Cheaper than a transferable machine gun. And you don't have to worry with all the damn paperwork that comes with an NFA weapon. If you have the extra money then by all means get one and try it out. I bring it to the gun club with me everytime I go cause it is simply fun to shoot. Only took about 2 magazines to get a good feel for it and now I can control burst fire with it pretty well. But dumping a full 60 round surefire mag is too much fun to mess with burst fire :) And on a side note , I'm at over 3,500 rounds through the cheap crappy Bushmaster in full auto mode and that piece of crap keeps on ticking. I might actually clean it one of these days.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top