Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/22/2012 5:34:26 AM EDT
Both are quality manufacturers. DD CHF barrels have such a great reputation. How does the FN hammer forged barrels compare?

Thanks

Edit: removed second statement. Not relevant.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:42:59 AM EDT
[#1]
FNMI has been hammer forging barrels longer than DD has.  

While I realize most suppressor manufacturers call out 10.5" as minimum warranty length - I would consider 10.3" versus 10.5" as a little bit of a quibble - I doubt most suppressor companies, if you had a valid warranty claim with a 10.5" would deny you because of .2" of barrel.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:18:10 AM EDT
[#2]
unless your doing mag dump after dump. the .2 wont matter..   A can made for a short barrel will handle the shorter length fine..
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:27:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Agreed with both, but it is about the text of the warranty. If the manufacturer wants a reason to void the warranty, i'd be screwed.

About DD VS FN. I guess no worries for either?
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 7:03:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Does anyone have a line on a 10.5 FN barrel in stock other than PK Firearms?

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 11:08:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Thanks

PSA sells a barreled upper with FN barrels. Currently out of stock, though.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 6:46:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Thanks

Google cold hand arms out of oklahoma.I don't know if they are listed on his website. I got mine there and Steve is a great guy to work with.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 7:15:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

Google cold hand arms out of oklahoma.I don't know if they are listed on his website. I got mine there and Steve is a great guy to work with.

All they have in stock is YHM.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top