Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2012 5:48:11 AM EDT
I've been playing with a couple of online AR-15 Builder programs (Daniel Defense and ar15builder.com) and both indicate that the Daniel Defense Modular Float Rail 12.0 is not compatible with a 14.5" barrel.  I'm making plans on my first build and I'm not sure why this wouldn't work if the barrel has a low profile gas port.

I personally like the cosmetic look of a rail running the length of the barrel (as in the LaRue Tactical Costa Edition 5.56).

I'm hoping someone will be able to explain to me why this would not work or if it in fact would.

This will be my first build and I am currently in the planning stage. Actual build will not begin until after the new year.

Thanks,

Kent
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 9:59:14 AM EDT
[#1]
I called Daniel Defense and was told that if an item wasn't in stock things would show as not compatible. The person I spoke with confirmed that the Rail will work with a 14.5" barrel.

Mods: Feel free to close this thread.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top