Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/4/2012 7:54:29 PM EDT
I'm building my first AR and so far all the parts are ready to go except the barrel.  I ordered a YHM-77-TF 20" 1:7 but it has been on backorder since at least November so I'm starting to wonder if I would just be better off purchasing a different barrel.  I'm capable of waiting for what I want but waiting 3 months+ for a barrel with no end in sight seems a bit crazy.  I just want to know if anyone knows a barrel that's comparable, if not better.  I've scoured the internet and so far I haven't found much.  I'm looking for a 20" free floating barrel and I'm looking for something highly accurate and reliable.  Like I said, this is my first build so I'd appreciate any ideas or input.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 10:01:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Sucks, man.  I just searched through the usual suppliers, and it's OOS everywhere.  It's a damn great barrel.  It's worth the wait, because it's good, but there's a line to draw on that wait, too.  

Maybe call YHM and ask them when the next production run is supposed to go down, and when the barrels will be finished.  They're going to have tha answers on that before their suppliers/sellers will.  They are VERY straight-forward people.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 10:53:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks a lot!  I'll try giving YHM a call.  I've waited this long so I don't mind waiting longer as long as the barrel is worth it.  Hopefully they produce another run soon.  I'm ready to put this thing together and put some rounds downrange!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top