Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2012 4:42:49 PM EDT
Just bought a complete lower spikes tactical with stagg lpk and stock. Had the pirate logo but that dosent really bother me. Out the door $260.00 was woundering if that's a good setup for price. Passed on the cmmg seemed like the finish was little too shiney for my taste it was 235. Then there was plum crazy well kinda in their own class thou maybe there fine but by no means refined cosmetically there iffy in my opinion. So my question is did I make the right choice and are stagg lpk hood to go? Thanks for all the input in advance!
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 4:44:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Just bought a complete lower spikes tactical with stagg lpk and stock. Had the pirate logo but that dosent really bother me. Out the door $260.00 was woundering if that's a good setup for price. Passed on the cmmg seemed like the finish was little too shiney for my taste it was 235. Then there was plum crazy well kinda in their own class thou maybe there fine but by no means refined cosmetically there iffy in my opinion. So my question is did I make the right choice and are stagg lpk hood to go? Thanks for all the input in advance!

Awe shit spell check screwed me again. On my crappy phone. My bad
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 11:51:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought a Spike's lower with a DPMS LPK without the buffer tube/spring/buffer and stock for $250 at a gun show a year ago. It has the color filled bullet selector icons and the US flag on the right side of the mag well.

So in comparison, seems OK to me.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 3:27:36 AM EDT
[#3]
I just purchased a Spikes stripped lower (color filled bullet selector / non filled spider on reciver) and DPMS parts kit last weekend for $210.00 out the door, granted I dont have a buttstock or tube so I guess thats where my savings came from. I dont know if anything between the Stagg and DPMS will varry quality wise. . . . But it's just personal preferance to stay away from Stagg parts
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 7:11:16 AM EDT
[#4]
OP - I think the price you paid was fair.  Stag uses quality parts and gets them from Continental Machine Tool (they supply parts to many quality AR manufacturers).  I would guess given the choice, 98% of this board would take Stag Parts over DPMS.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:19:26 AM EDT
[#5]
ya thats kinda what I was thinking, not huge fan of DPMS. Mine didn't have colorfill nor the spider but, Honestly I can care less about that crap. It's more of a fit and function for me
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:59:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
ya thats kinda what I was thinking, not huge fan of DPMS. Mine didn't have colorfill nor the spider but, Honestly I can care less about that crap. It's more of a fit and function for me

I was only baising it off of "he said, she said" and I know thats a no-no. . .  I wish I had first hand experiance with the product, but im baising my oppinion off of a well trusted friend

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:04:14 PM EDT
[#7]
I would say you did OK.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 10:13:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Just bought a complete lower...

I'd say, based on the title, then the opening statement...  It's a little too late to be worried about whether or not you got a good deal.  It was already done before you asked about it.  

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:39:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top