Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/13/2011 12:31:05 AM EDT
I recently purchased a RRA entry stock to try out (basically a stubby A2 stock).  I like it, but its just a little short for me.  Does anyone know of a way to add about 1-1.5" in length?  Will any of the A1/A2 butt pad/plate extenders work?  I want something solid that doesn't look overly goofy.  Thoughts?
Link Posted: 10/13/2011 12:45:23 AM EDT
[#1]
I think the Entry stocks are made to take A2 buttplates/pads. Also, DPMS makes an extension.
Link Posted: 10/13/2011 2:07:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/13/2011 3:29:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Extended recoil pad:

Lousy photo, but that's the buttpad in question on an Entry stock.

Having used both, I prefer the DPMS Buttstock Extender already posted above.
Link Posted: 10/13/2011 6:20:23 AM EDT
[#4]
duct tape and cardboard.
Link Posted: 10/13/2011 11:29:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Oh yeah, forgot about the KAC one. Another one to add to the list is the Fulton Armory extension, which is like the DPMS, but it has machined in QD sockets.

Quoted:
Extended recoil pad:

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s95/MMcfpd/Ext_Entry_Buttplate.jpg

A bit side tracking, but was curious; why do you prefer the DPMS extension, over the extended buttpad?
Link Posted: 10/13/2011 4:55:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Oh yeah, forgot about the KAC one. Another one to add to the list is the Fulton Armory extension, which is like the DPMS, but it has machined in QD sockets.

Quoted:
Extended recoil pad:

A bit side tracking, but was curious; why do you prefer the DPMS extension, over the extended buttpad?

The extended buttpad is slick, and I prefer a little texture, as most stock butt-ends have, for the sake of it gaining some traction against my shoulder. The one drawback to the Sully stock I have is its slick ass end.

Link Posted: 10/13/2011 5:46:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Extended recoil pad:

The extended buttpad is slick, and I prefer a little texture, as most stock butt-ends have, for the sake of it gaining some traction against my shoulder. The one drawback to the Sully stock I have is its slick ass end.

Ah, I see, makes sense. Perhaps you can score the buttpad or stipple it a bit? Just a thought. But between the Entry stock w/ ext'n, and the Sully stock, which one do you prefer?
Link Posted: 10/13/2011 5:55:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Between those two I'd take the Sully; be advised that the Sully is one of the heaviest stocks around.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top