Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/2/2011 1:27:05 AM EDT
My better half is left handed so at her request I am adding an ambi mag release and selector. I am gonna go on a limb and say the Norgon ambi mag release in the ARF store is decent since it is sold here... Any other opinions of better ones if it is not?
   I also like the BAD-ASS (and not just because of the name) selector but what have you used for the off side switch? It seemed a little pricey to just get all the switches and pick the one I like. I will be the one mostly running the gun but obviously she will need to use it as well. I might be mistaken but I thought I remebered a post sometime ago saying with the small lever if was hard to flip for those with not a whole lot of finger strength. I have big mitts and my wife's hand are small so that is a consideration. Thanks, Pat.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 6:56:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I have both. The BADASS is definitely a nice addition to any rifle. The Norgon however does not do much for me. It takes quite a bit of force at time to drop a mag, and can at times refuse to engage no matter how much force is applied. YMMV.

IMHO it would be better to teach her proper technique in working the gun properly as a lefty. Hitting the mag release with the support side thumb is not difficult to master, and costs me maybe a half second over a right handed shooter on a speed reload. You shouldn't see any time sacrifice in a tactical reload.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 8:06:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 10:40:16 AM EDT
[#3]
I have Norgon and Knights Armament ambi mag releases.  I prefer the Knights.  It gives you more leverage than the Norgon.  They both work for me though.
I've got the small BAD-ASS lever on my thumb side and the cut-out on the trigger finger side.  I don't find the small lever any more difficult to operate and that set-up works just fine when I switch to shooting off the right shoulder.
That's just me.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 3:45:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Doc, ar15.com store sells our 2 lever kit and it has free shipping

The decision for levers is not final at the time of purchase.  With the free lever exchange program, we will exchange any lever with our customers at no cost.  This also allows them to benefit from continued lever development, as we do not place a time frame in which levers can be exchanged, or condition on the state of the lever (new or used, or how used).

By the end of the year, we will have yet another lever (this will be the 7th lever) for the current 45 and 90 degree semi auto selector

Ok, thanks, that sounds great. I had seen the many vesions of your selector that was offered and was planning on the 2 lever option, just did not want to order all 5 just to get one that will more than likely be put on the rifle and never taken off again. What is the popular setup? I would probably lean to the small lever on the right side since I am the one using the rifle most often and do not want to worry about it getting in the way.

As for the other posts... Thanks, for the replies. I think for her the safety slector would be the thing she would like the best, I just through the mag resease in for good measures. Maybe we will work on more manipulation drills instead. Besides, she will not be doing many tactical reloads (I hope) as she just comes with me to the range once and a while to blast some paper.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 4:24:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I use the Troy ambi safety and mag release. Both very good parts as well. You cant go wrong with the Troy or BAD-ASS in IMHO. Troy mag release operates very nice as well
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 4:52:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 7:53:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Roger that, thanks
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 3:08:36 AM EDT
[#8]
I use the Troy mag release, and Battle Arms selector.  Very happy with both, and wouldn't change.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 6:30:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 8:41:26 AM EDT
[#10]
BADASS & Norgon Big +1 GTG
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 2:53:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 4:18:17 PM EDT
[#12]
I like the new lever... Might need to get that one. When are they gonna be shipping those?
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 4:43:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 4:49:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Ah, i see it has been. I just presumed when you said "new" it was not out yet. When I looked in the AR15 store I had not seen that lever as an option.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 5:14:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top