Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2011 9:30:46 PM EDT
Anyone know if DD has ever produced Middy Omega rails in Flat Dark Earth?

I've seen some pics online that would suggest so, but I don't see it offered anywhere.

Actually really bummed that I can't find something like that - I would kill to have that color on a DD Middy quad rail.

Anyone else feel the same? Or just me?
Link Posted: 9/20/2011 11:18:02 PM EDT
[#1]
im not sure. i know DSG arms has the rifle in FDE and i also know that DD discontinued the FDE omega 7.0  so the 9.0 may have also been discontinued
Link Posted: 9/21/2011 5:55:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Honestly I like the MI rail over the DD omega... the MI has a slimmer profile, it comes in the FDE coloration, and it is lighter than the DD omega.  I have owned both and there really isn't a noticeable difference so if you like the DD name then go for it 4sure but I think the MI GenII Drop-In serves you just as well if not better for the $$$.  I am probably going to be getting on me for this but that is just what my experience kinda led me to believe.  

PS Daniel Defense is awesome the MI just worked better for me
Link Posted: 9/21/2011 6:05:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 9/21/2011 6:56:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Why don't you go to DDs website and find out?
Link Posted: 9/21/2011 7:18:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Honestly I like the MI rail over the DD omega... the MI has a slimmer profile ....and it is lighter than the DD omega.
According to published specs from both manufacturers, the DD rail is a lot slimmer than the MI (1.9" vs 2.3") and the MI Rail is only 0.1 oz. lighter (7.5  oz. vs. 7.6 oz.)

Link Posted: 9/21/2011 7:19:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I would kill to have that color on a DD Middy quad rail.Anyone else feel the same? Or just me?
No, I don't feel that way. I just cover up the rails with panels so I can make them any color I want. Besides, if FDE ever falls from favor, I'm can change it.

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 6:51:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Yep they made 'em. In what they called SOCOM Dark Earth I believe. Here's mine. I'm pretty sure they are discontinued.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 8:03:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I would kill to have that color on a DD Middy quad rail.

Anyone else feel the same? Or just me?

I went with the Mk18 RIS II for that reason.  It's not a drop-in, but it's a 9" (plus) and it's SOCOM Dark Earth.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top