Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2011 1:41:00 PM EDT
First I gotta say that I thought I was pretty good at searches but this site absolutely ninjas my search skills. That and the one search per minute, no results older than 30 days limit is murder.

OK, got that out of the way.

I've got an AR-15 HBAR that I want to start shooting in service rifle class.  I know that if I stick with it long enough I'll go to White Oak for an upper, but until then I'd like to know what I can do to free float the foreend and get the sling off of the barrel and stay service rifle legal.  

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 1:54:35 PM EDT
[#1]
you need something like this:
http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=9943/Product/AR_15_NM_FREE_FLOAT_BARREL_SLEEVE

i just happen to have one i'm trying to unload - PM me if you're interested.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 4:11:21 PM EDT
[#2]
The sling is required on all stages in Service Rifle, whether you use it or not
Bye
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 6:42:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Bye

The point isn't to get rid of the sling, it's to move it off of the barrel and onto the floating forgrip so the pressure doesn't effect the point of impact.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 7:26:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bye

The point isn't to get rid of the sling, it's to move it off of the barrel and onto the floating forgrip so the pressure doesn't effect the point of impact.

Armalite, BM, CLE, DPMS, Fulton, RRA, Young and others I'm sure.
High Power Forum may know of more
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top