Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/30/2011 6:49:02 AM EDT
Think about one of these for my Mk18 build, and I want to know how owners like it. Right now I'm using a Magpul MOE.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 6:53:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I personally don't like them, to me they don't improve anything over the standard A2 grip. I have medium sized hands and the grip is way too small for me.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 6:58:01 AM EDT
[#2]
I've tried them and they weren't for me. I've switched all my ARs (and even my shotgun) to Magpul MIAD grips because they have the right inserts for my my. If you have a local store that stocks different grips, you get a chance to see how they feel I do not have that luxury so the MIAD grips were the way to go for me. While it's possible none of the inserts could have made the grip feel good in my hand, the fact that it has different size inserts reduced those odds significantly.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 7:08:38 AM EDT
[#3]
It's kind of small for my hand size which I wear large size gloves, I used to have one which was included with a lower receiver I bought years ago.

I also have a MOE grip which is slightly small for me but I'm using it on my practice carbine.

If your hand fits the MOE you won't like the smaller Battlegrip model BG-16, maybe try their new larger version Battlegrip BG-17 which they released on Oct. 2010.

ETA: Ref. http://tangodown.com/shop/index.php?cPath=21&osCsid=5ba054ec7e67fda1c41ea19d235d8f4d

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 7:26:07 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm not ham-fisted, but I wear a large in gloves, so the smaller one doesn't sound like it's for me. I like a grip that fills the hand. Any specifically have the BG-17?
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 7:30:12 AM EDT
[#5]
I like them. They fit my hand perfectly.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 8:12:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 10:06:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 10:09:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

Another +1, I have TD's on all my rifles except 1.  Personally don't care for the MOE or MIAD.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 10:29:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I thought it was a big improvement over the a2

me too, but I am considering trying out one of the new larger versions
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 11:50:32 AM EDT
[#10]
I have a BG-17 on both my 14.5" and my 24" ARs.

Pros:
Fits my large hands well
Storage locks up tight

Cons:
The texture isn't quite as aggressive to be "perfect" for me
Feels awkward to carry the gun in one hand with the pistol grip, while the muzzle is pointed straight down (which i rarely ever do, but i've noticed it)

The pros overwhelmingly compensate for the cons.  I am going to be building a 6.8SPC hunting AR and its highly likely a BG-17 will be on that one as well!
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 12:08:52 PM EDT
[#11]
I love mine, using them on all my AR's
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 12:26:16 PM EDT
[#12]
I prefer MOE but they are a close second.  Just fits better in my hand than the standard A2 grip.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 3:44:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I have a BG-17 on both my 14.5" and my 24" ARs.

Pros:
Fits my large hands well
Storage locks up tight

Cons:
The texture isn't quite as aggressive to be "perfect" for me
Feels awkward to carry the gun in one hand with the pistol grip, while the muzzle is pointed straight down (which i rarely ever do, but i've noticed it)

The pros overwhelmingly compensate for the cons.  I am going to be building a 6.8SPC hunting AR and its highly likely a BG-17 will be on that one as well!

+1

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 4:32:56 PM EDT
[#14]
I too think they're a great improvement over the A2 grip. What I really don't like is the finger ridge on the front strap.

I really love the MIAD grip and put it on all my builds that aren't retro. But I put this carbine together last month and used a TD grip that's been in the parts box for two or three years. I love how it moves my hand up high on the grip. I tend to like my hand as high as it can go. WAAAY up high onto the bottom of the receiver when using A1 and A2 grips. The TD grip encourages it and is a bit smaller than the MIAD. I love the texture on the sides but wish it was textured the same on the front and rear.

If you're on the western slope we can get together and you shoot my carbine and see if you like the grip or not.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top