Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/28/2011 7:08:21 PM EDT
I have a 14.5" barrel AR and would like to replace the birdcage on the nose.
I wasn't going to consider a KX3 because I had read a couple years ago that they were really made for SBR's.

But on Noveske's website they claim it is for any barrel length.  What are opinions on this?

Is it really a good FS?
Does it affect muzzle rise at all?

I don't want to get it as flash suppressor if it increases muzzle rise.
Later
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 7:22:34 PM EDT
[#1]
The KX3 was designed to send the blast down range and create back pressure for cycling SBR's.
It's 3" long and weighs 1/2lb. It will also put a 3 foot fire ball out the front of a 7.5" 5.56.
Noveske would love for everyone to hang one off their rifle. That doesn't make it needed, desired, or functional. It makes Noveske mo money.
In my opinion, a big KX3 would look rediculous on anything but an SBR 10.5" or less, not to mention making a 14.5" into a 17.5" and front heavy.

Use a flash hider that actually reduces flash. Vortex, Phantom, Blackout, ect.
If you want sonething that directs the blast down range on a 14.5", use a Levang.
Dave N
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 7:27:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I've got one and the first response is your answer.
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 7:32:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks Shadowcop and jnatv.
That made my decision for me.
I remember when they were coming out that it was intended for SBR's
I didn't realize they were that heavy.  Geez no wonder they have a pig on the side of it.

Thanks for the tips for other FS's.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:05:19 AM EDT
[#4]
If you want an actual great flash suppressor then purchase a Vortex or Blackout. The KX3 does very little in suppressing flash depsite the fact that the ATF has classified it as a flash suppressor. Shadowcop is correct on all accounts.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:08:14 AM EDT
[#5]
The flaming pig looks really cool but with the weight of it, I would only put it on an SBR that actually needed it to run correctly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top