Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/13/2011 6:54:43 AM EDT
Well...I got my Aero Precision stripped lower on the way and a fairly good idea on which LPK I wanna put in it.  Now I keep running across Del-Ton mid-length complete uppers for a good price.  Do they run like Russian Racehorses?  Should I look elsewhere?  Are they chrome?  

Just tell me stuff about them... thanks for your time!  And I really appreciate your advice!  Reallly I do!
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 8:38:50 AM EDT
[#1]
The three I've been exposed to were GTG.  I don't recall seeing a bad review about Delton around here.  As far as the chrome, you have to spec the upper that way (+$45) or it probably isn't.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 9:18:37 AM EDT
[#2]

+1,I have three. They work great. Your GTG.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 3:33:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Delton will fit you with chrome or moly, your choice.  I live about 20 miles from them and in  my opinion they are GTG.  You will not be hurt by trading with them.  Give Laura a call and you will get help and answers.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 8:32:05 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought three mid length kits and all had to be sent back (this was three years ago). Each of the uppers had extremely tight chambers. Rounds could not be extracted without applying the buttstroke technique. Apparently I was not alone. DelTon took them back, but it was on my dime. They said they were having an issue with their middy supplier. At the time, middies were just taking off and they were just getting into the middy business. I ended up returning two for a refund and keeping one replacement. Unfortunately, the replacement lacked the M4 ramps I had initially paid for but it has functioned flawlessly. I did have to restake the carrier keys. I also had to wait 4 months for the inital shipment to even arrive. Overall, not a great experience.
This is when I turned a corner on my philosophy regarding buying AR's. I learned about chambers, proper carrier staking, MP tested bolts, and 1/7 twist barrels. From then on I have stuck to top tier brands such as LMT, BCM, and Noveske for serious shooting rifles I would depend on in life/death scenarios.
Outside of having to eat shipping on my returns, they otherwise have great customer service.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 4:40:58 PM EDT
[#5]
+1 on the Del-Ton - I have two (M4 1/7CL 16" & a LW 14-1/2" welded Phantom) & another on backorder (M4 7.62x39). You can spend more if you want? Why? Customer service is excellent.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top