Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2010 4:24:33 AM EDT
I have read a couple of post on this forum and witnessed first hand a friends AR doubling after Bill worked on their triggers. Is the problem in his work or variations in all different parts. He also does trigger work on other guns, has anyone had him work on other triggers besides AR's and how did they come out. Thinking about having him do a trigger job on a Rem. 870 slug gun.
Thanks,   Steve
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:11:40 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a Cetme that he did a trigger job on, amazing trigger afterwards. I have had no problems shooting it, but my wife doubled it the first time she fired it. I think it was the sloppy grip she had on it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:30:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 11:39:01 AM EDT
[#3]
A few buddies and myself pooled our ar-15 trigger groups we wanted work on & sent them to Bill.  Of the 9 sent 3 had problems on return.  1 had no change, left around 8 pounds and came back around 8 pounds.  1 doubled, and 1 was about 1.5 pounds.

All were ordered w/ the upgraded springs,  Put the standard springs on the 1.5 which brought it to roughly 2.5.  Worked out great on a bench gun.

2 were sent back and came back working without issue (the double and the 8#)

I will be sending Bill some more triggers in a little while, he does good work and stands behind it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 1:01:49 PM EDT
[#4]
You're gonna get mixed responses on this question.  I suppose it comes down to whether or not you're willing to roll the dice.  If you have a FCG just sitting around, it's only gonna cost you around $35 to see for yourself.  You might get lucky, and if you don't, it was only $35.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:26:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I had him do the trigger on my XCR. I had him put in the JP spring while it was there and it was a huge mistake. While the JP spring felt awesome when dry firing it caused light primer strikes just about every other round. I replaced it with the original spring and everything was fixed. The trigger pull was still very nice and there have been no light primer strikes since then.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top