Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2010 5:30:44 AM EDT
Dear ARFCOM:

I honestly cannot stand the A-2 stock - it is just too long for me and I also hate the look.  Is there a "drop in" replacement out there, something that is about the A-1 length?

By "drop in" I mean something that I can just install without having to remove the buffer tube (I know how to turn screws, but that's about it )

Mucho Dank!

ETA: I was thinking about the ACE stock - what does ARFCOM think about that stock?
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:37:39 AM EDT
[#1]
There are lots of stocks that will mount directly to your buffer tube.  All are a simple to replace and come with instructions.

I don't have specific recomendations as that is all personal choice on what you like the looks of.  Ace is fine, I have never owned one.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:46:32 AM EDT
[#2]
VLTOR makes a nice rifle length stock.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:07:56 AM EDT
[#3]
If you want an A1 length, just order an A1...

http://model1sales.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=465

P.S.- They use the same buffer tube, just a different spacer.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:27:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Thank you for the help, folks.  I will definitely look into the VLTOR and.....I don't know about the A-1 stock.  I am very vain (I think I am half woman) and looks do matter to me even when it comes to weapons and I hate the look of A-1 stock just as much as I hate the appearance of the A-2 stock.  I am crazy, I know.

That ACE stock is also very appealing - I know a joint "close" to me (about 50 miles away) that sells one.  Maybe I should drive there and check it out.

Thanks again.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:29:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
There are lots of stocks that will mount directly to your buffer tube.  All are a simple to replace and come with instructions.

I don't have specific recomendations as that is all personal choice on what you like the looks of.  Ace is fine, I have never owned one.

So Ace is a "drop in" type replacement?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:55:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If you want an A1 length, just order an A1...

http://model1sales.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=465

P.S.- They use the same buffer tube, just a different don't use the spacer & use the shorter A1 stock screw.

Fixed it for you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top