Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/3/2010 6:43:36 AM EDT
Title says it all. Anyone have one? Thoughts on installing one in a patrol rifle? Pros / Cons?
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 7:16:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I have an LMT CQB MRP w/LMT 2 stage trigger and think it is more than acceptable in a "working" (battle) rifle.

My only comparison is to the issue/mil-spec M4 trigger and it is much better than that.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 7:42:22 AM EDT
[#2]
If it costs anything near $175, I'd take a look at the Geissele SSA.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 8:23:03 AM EDT
[#3]
I have RRA, LMT and the Giselle SSA.

Rated as:

Giselle SSA.
RRA
LMT
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 8:27:20 AM EDT
[#4]
I got it free but have not installed it.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 8:33:17 AM EDT
[#5]
I have on in my LMT MWS.  I also used to have a Hi-Speed trigger, and currently have an SSA.

Personally I really like the LMT 2 stage trigger.  I like the one in my MWS slightly more then I like the SSA.
However if I were going to buy more 2 stage triggers, I would be looking at the new SSA-E.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 8:37:52 AM EDT
[#6]
i had an rra 2 stage that turned in to a sluggish 1 stage. i wouldnt put a rra in a work gun. I currently use a LMT and its awesome
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 8:59:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have on in my LMT MWS.  I also used to have a Hi-Speed trigger, and currently have an SSA.

Personally I really like the LMT 2 stage trigger.  I like the one in my MWS slightly more then I like the SSA.
However if I were going to buy more 2 stage triggers, I would be looking at the new SSA-E.

The MWS 2 stage is a good bit nicer than the traditional lmt 2 stage.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 4:02:31 PM EDT
[#8]
I've got two of them, one is an excellent 2-stage combat trigger, the other, selected specifically by WES at MSTN, is nearly as good as my adjustable KACs, and I run it in my Recon.
If you prefer 2-stage triggers, it is an excellent choice for a combat rifle.  Don't recall failures with the LMT like with the RRA 2-stage.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 5:16:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I've got two of them, one is an excellent 2-stage combat trigger, the other, selected specifically by WES at MSTN, is nearly as good as my adjustable KACs, and I run it in my Recon.
If you prefer 2-stage triggers, it is an excellent choice for a combat rifle.  Don't recall failures with the LMT like with the RRA 2-stage.

I guess I will install it and give it a go.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 9:05:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Owning both I rate the RRA higher. It breaks cleaner and is a bit lighter, having said that the LMT rocks. If I had the $$$ I would love to get a KAC or a GA trigger.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:04:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks guys. I'm going to try it out and see if I like it. My concern was about installing it in a patrol rifle and weather it could be counted on if SHTF.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 11:35:29 AM EDT
[#12]
The 2 stage Combat triggers are never going to be like a 2 stage match trigger. It's not what they were meant to be. LMT, CMMG, and some others break at 4.5lb-5lb.
I think some are expecting 3lb-3.5lb.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:43:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If it costs anything near $175, I'd take a look at the Geissele SSA.

I have owned 3 different LMT two stage triggers and they all were all a dissapointment.
Go with the SSA and and you will be in love.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:44:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Thank you for the replies but the fact of the matter is I am not wanting a two stage rather I have the LMT and did not know if it was worth putting into a patrol rifle I use on duty and must rely on to work 100%. If I should not use it then I would just stick to my standard setup and sell the two stage.

I do thank everyone for their input.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 3:19:23 PM EDT
[#15]
LMT 2 stage trigger any good?    Yes -There Good to Go
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top