Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/15/2010 3:17:19 PM EDT
Which one do you think looks better and function better?
Thinking about switching to CTR in FDE.
Link Posted: 7/15/2010 3:47:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I really wanted the ACS but after comparing the weight im saving it for my long distance AR platform

Right now my set up is alot like yours but with the MOE, and I love it
Link Posted: 7/15/2010 3:48:55 PM EDT
[#2]
looks good...i have not seen one in person yet, so can't really offer an opinion. i like my Emod a lot.
Link Posted: 7/15/2010 4:06:18 PM EDT
[#3]
If you don't need storage tubes or a few extra ounces to balance the gun - get the CTR over the ACS.  Don't overcomplicate this.  It's a buttstock, not a sex change.
Link Posted: 7/15/2010 4:33:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
If you don't need storage tubes or a few extra ounces to balance the gun - get the CTR over the ACS.  Don't overcomplicate this.  It's a buttstock, not a sex change.

Link Posted: 7/15/2010 4:38:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Picking something based on how other people think it looks?
Link Posted: 7/15/2010 4:53:20 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm fond of the CTR.

If not that then a Sopmod.
Link Posted: 7/15/2010 5:09:35 PM EDT
[#7]
For High speed Low Drag, I use the the MOE MAGPUL(Military Spec) Stock on my Spikes Tac M-4 , and I have a commercial CTR MAGPUL on my DPMS/DEL-TON Middy Carbine . I love the MOE it is very KISS and pretty good for using in my truck going into South Central L.A.
Link Posted: 7/15/2010 6:01:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Precisely, ACS is too heavy.  Also the cheekweld is negligible over the CTR, that surprised me.  The SOPMOD isn't any better, overhyped overpriced piece of plastic.
Link Posted: 7/15/2010 6:04:21 PM EDT
[#9]
ACS isn't that heavy. I like the cheek weld on it.
Link Posted: 7/15/2010 6:11:38 PM EDT
[#10]
I have quite a few CTRs and I am very happy with them.
I really don't need any little storage compartments for crap to rattle around in.
My life is just a real life, not as much drama as in the movies, so my pants pockets work fine for me.

YMMV,
Bill
Link Posted: 7/15/2010 6:20:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Carbine length handguard - CTR/MOE.
Midlength handguard or longer - ACS.
Link Posted: 7/15/2010 6:21:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I really don't need any little storage compartments for crap to rattle around in.
My life is just a real life, not as much drama as in the movies, so my pants pockets work fine for me.

YMMV,
Bill

They are meant for batteries and other items, so you never have to worry about not having them, unless you have a pair of pants to quick throw on, that already have everything you need in the pockets.
Link Posted: 7/15/2010 6:27:50 PM EDT
[#13]
I have 3  CTRs and one ACS. I use the CTRS on a couple of carbines and an SBR and the ACS on one of my recce builds, mainly for balancing the heavier front end

Link Posted: 7/15/2010 6:54:18 PM EDT
[#14]
I going to sell my acs and get a ctr.
Link Posted: 7/15/2010 7:27:50 PM EDT
[#15]
CTR is way better IMO. I got rid of my ACS. I prefer a SOPMOD over the ACS by far. Shit my favorite still might be the old 4 postition fuckers.
Link Posted: 7/15/2010 7:29:48 PM EDT
[#16]
I have the CTR with full length rail. I love this stock, you can not go wrong
Link Posted: 7/15/2010 7:42:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

YMMV,
Bill

They are meant for batteries and other items, so you never have to worry about not having them, unless you have a pair of pants to quick throw on, that already have everything you need in the pockets.

Their reason of existence was not lost on me. It's just that in my real life, I don't find myself in such desperate situations.
Also, that is just another reason I favor Aimpoints.

Bill
Link Posted: 7/15/2010 8:09:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Picking something based on how other people think it looks?

Quoted:
ACS isn't that heavy. I like the cheek weld on it.

I bought it because I liked the SOPMOD when I got the chance to have one on my issued M4 in Afghanistan but didn't think it was worth the money they go for. I was glad Magpul came out with a similar stock for cheaper.

Link Posted: 7/15/2010 8:19:18 PM EDT
[#19]
I prefer the ACS for the cheek weld weight. Nothing else to say about it.
Link Posted: 7/15/2010 8:19:44 PM EDT
[#20]
I like the ACS on my 10.5 SBR.  It has a much nicer cheek weld and balances the rifle better.  I keep flashlight batteries in one tube, bore snake in the other and earplugs in the storage compartment.  I had a CTR at first but it was too light in the back.  I would definitely try both on your own rifle, then make your own decision.  Here is pick, I have since added a H-1.

Link Posted: 7/15/2010 8:48:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Which one do you think looks better and function better?
Thinking about switching to CTR in FDE.
http://i837.photobucket.com/albums/zz295/andyvu1980/DSC00566.jpg

What don't you like about your ACS?

Link Posted: 7/15/2010 10:34:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Keep the ACS.

For anything with an 11" barrel or longer the added weight helps. Got a lighter barrel but want lights, cans or fore-grips hanging off the front, the ACS helps with that.

My 14.5" balances damn near perfect with the ACS. The storage is nice, but, truth be told, if they made a stock with the ACS side profile (keeping the door) and took off the battery tubes making the comb feel like a MOE or CTR, I would rather have that, provided it kept the extra weight.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:46:41 PM EDT
[#23]
I have both and switch out between them.  I use my ACS for precision shooting because of the awesome cheek weld you get with it, and my CTR for 3-gun stuff because of  the reduced weight.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:24:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

You made beer come out my nose,

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 3:03:17 AM EDT
[#25]
Original VLTOR Modstock here

J
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:52:12 AM EDT
[#26]
They all work.  I have  a couple PRSs,  a few UBRs,  and one ACS and CTR.

If I want something a little heavier, I use the PRS or UBR.  If I want something lighter, I go with the CTR or ACS.

If I think I want a sex change, somebody please point any one of these at my head and pull the trigger and it will do the job just fine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top