Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/4/2010 11:34:11 AM EDT
I was wondering if anyone has tried out the NCStar Rifle Lenght Quad Rail Handguards?

I know they are probably not very high quality.  I do not plan on using the rails for anything.  I am merely looking for an inexpensive new look for my rifle.  I've grown a bit tired of the look of the standard handguards.

Anyone know of any other inexpensive handguards that I should look at and consider?
Link Posted: 6/4/2010 11:42:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Magpul MOE handguard for half the price.  

ETA: oops, didn't notice you wanted a rifle length handguard.  Yankee Hill Machine sells rifle length free float tubes for about the same price as the NC Star.
Link Posted: 6/4/2010 11:48:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Scour the EE and other boards' classifieds sections for a KAC M5 RAS. Yes the KAC will cost a bit more but 1)it still won't break the bank, 2)it will have real value when you go to resell it, 3)it will be in spec, 4) it will not feel like a brick on the end of your gun.

searching for M5 RAS deals for you

ETA:
KAC M5 RAS $125
KAC M5 RAS w/ all accessories $150
Link Posted: 6/4/2010 12:12:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Scour the EE and other boards' classifieds sections for a KAC M5 RAS. Yes the KAC will cost a bit more but 1)it still won't break the bank, 2)it will have real value when you go to resell it, 3)it will be in spec, 4) it will not feel like a brick on the end of your gun.

ETA:
KAC M5 RAS $125

This. Stay clear of anything that says NCstar. If that $65 is burning a hole in your pocket, buy some ammo. It will serve you way better than those cheap handguards will.
Link Posted: 6/4/2010 12:58:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't buy anything ncstar you will regret it very much. Heavy cheap chicom crap.
Link Posted: 6/4/2010 1:34:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Chinese junk!
( and not the maritime variety)
Link Posted: 6/4/2010 2:11:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA:
KAC M5 RAS $125

This. Stay clear of anything that says NCstar. If that $65 is burning a hole in your pocket, buy some ammo. It will serve you way better than those cheap handguards will.

Exactly. Dude RUN FROM NC STAR.
Link Posted: 6/4/2010 2:58:51 PM EDT
[#7]
just spend 100  and get a YHM, you wont regret it
Link Posted: 6/4/2010 3:01:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Hey now, I'm of Chinese descent. I'm just kidding lol. But definitely stay away from anything NCStar b/c it will be regretful as the nature of the black rifle disease will eventually force anyone to replace them with something better & superior.
Link Posted: 6/4/2010 3:01:26 PM EDT
[#9]
I run this on my AR. Its a Troy drop in rail. a little expensive on this site I have seen it for cheaper other places but its Troy and every one knows troy is built to last. they make it in longer lengths this site just has the carbine length
http://rrages.com/grip/troyrail/index.htm
Link Posted: 6/4/2010 3:05:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Chinese junk!
( and not the maritime variety)
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b328/jcrowl/Miscellaneous/ChineseJunkShip.png

Hey now, I'm of Chinese descent. I'm just kidding lol. But definitely stay away from anything NCStar b/c it will be regretful as the nature of the black rifle disease will eventually force anyone to replace them with something better & superior.
Link Posted: 6/4/2010 3:27:20 PM EDT
[#11]
NCstar and UTG are airsoft companies. while they do make parts that will fit real weapons 99% of their stuff is ment for airsoft. though I will say I have a UTG forward grip on my AR that I originally bought for my 22 but it works really good for what it is but I will soon replace it with a magpul FVG
Link Posted: 6/5/2010 4:43:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Well, I listened and took the advice.  I am getting a used KAC M5 RAS.  Should be here next Friday.  

Thanks all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top