Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2010 12:28:13 PM EDT
I am looking for a 10'' free float rail, but I don't want to break the bank. They claim it weighes 12.9oz with their barrel nut. Really that isn't that bad at all. An Omega 9.0 is 9.7+delta ring + factory barrel nut. So I'm sure the difference is very small.

Anyways has anyone tried one yet? I am also considering their SS line as well. 12.3 oz with 2 rail sections and a top rail...
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 1:28:00 PM EDT
[#1]
No - check  the sig line
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 2:07:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I installed a MI T series 10" rail on my BCM 16" middy. Installation of the rail was very easy and it locked up solid. I didnt buy the special tools from MI to install the trim ring around the barrel nut, but was able to tighten it with a hammer and punch. So far Ive only found that Magpul XTM panels dont fit well on the rail without modification. I have a TangoDown VFG thats should be here tomorrow so ill update and let you know how it fits.

For the price I dont think you can go wrong. Its a solid piece and my only regret so far was not going with a 12" rail.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 2:17:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
No - check  the sig line

Why not?

Amazing prices, and even better customer care.

Seems like that was your fault for flipping out on him over a misunderstanding
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 2:27:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Just bought the T-12. The rail is solid, but I'm having issues with the 1913 being out of spec. See my previous thread. I called customer service, and they said they'd fix. Still waiting to get my new one. For the money, I still think it was a good buy. I understand that DD and LT are the gold standard for rails, but I just could drop that much right now. Maybe on my second AR when I build it from scratch with EVERYTHING I want I'll get the DD or LT rail (or just the complete LT upper).
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 2:37:30 PM EDT
[#5]
lol, i was considering a MI rail in the future, now 3/4 posts have spec issues?  Ill pass.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 2:39:26 PM EDT
[#6]
For the most part they are GTG. I can put anything on mine but my friends are out of spec. He could of got them replaced but there just slightly bigger so its only a little bit harder to get stuff on them. I would of replaced it but it doesnt bother him.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 3:10:00 PM EDT
[#7]
I have one. The only thing I have mounted to it is a LaRue bipod adapter and Harris bipod. Works well for me.

I'm satisfied with mine.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 3:11:49 PM EDT
[#8]
well before i read this i placed my order, hopefully when it arrives tomorrow it will be in spec, does anyone by chance know the exact specs so i can measure with caliper and give feedback later?
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 3:49:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
No - check  the sig line

Why not?

Amazing prices, and even better customer care.

Seems like that was your fault for flipping out on him over a misunderstanding

Uh - after a week of them talking about what they were doing on the board, while actually doing nothing.

Yeah - I'm funny like that
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 3:50:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Just bought the T-12. The rail is solid, but I'm having issues with the 1913 being out of spec. See my previous thread. I called customer service, and they said they'd fix. Still waiting to get my new one. For the money, I still think it was a good buy. I understand that DD and LT are the gold standard for rails, but I just could drop that much right now. Maybe on my second AR when I build it from scratch with EVERYTHING I want I'll get the DD or LT rail (or just the complete LT upper).

They are great at talking - not so much at doing.

IMO - they blow.

CS - is a joke.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 3:50:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
lol, i was considering a MI rail in the future, now 3/4 posts have spec issues?  Ill pass.

Smart move - believe me.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 3:51:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
For the most part they are GTG. I can put anything on mine but my friends are out of spec. He could of got them replaced but there just slightly bigger so its only a little bit harder to get stuff on them. I would of replaced it but it doesnt bother him.

Yet another out of spec

I think I see a pattern . . . .

Wait till a MI frint BUIS won't fold down . . . .
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 3:52:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
well before i read this i placed my order, hopefully when it arrives tomorrow it will be in spec, does anyone by chance know the exact specs so i can measure with caliper and give feedback later?

Try a VFG and a Flip up BUIS - that will tell the tale.

Please file an AAR
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 4:02:33 PM EDT
[#14]
I have one on one of my carbines and I am very happy with it and would buy another.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 4:41:32 PM EDT
[#15]
I have a 10'' on my m4, very happy with it. MBUS and TD stubby on it and they fit fine.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 4:42:56 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm using two of the M.I. SS tubes,one is on my RRA 16" with an Adams piston kit and M.I. BUIS,the other is on my Colt 11.5" thats running an Osprey piston kit and Troy BUIS. I've had no problems with either one. In my case it was'nt so much the cost that made me go with these tubes but more of what would work with the piston kits that was not a full quad rail,something I'm not a huge fan of. I prefer to put rails sections where I need them.

Link Posted: 4/20/2010 4:43:30 PM EDT
[#17]
I put put one on my M4 and plan on buying another for my 6.8 build.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 4:58:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'm using two of the M.I. SS tubes,one is on my RRA 16" with an Adams piston kit and M.I. BUIS,the other is on my Colt 11.5" thats running an Osprey piston kit and Troy BUIS. I've had no problems with either one. In my case it was'nt so much the cost that made me go with these tubes but more of what would work with the piston kits that was not a full quad rail,something I'm not a huge fan of. I prefer to put rails sections where I need them.
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a305/M1Riflenut/AR%20stuff/P1090241.jpg
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a305/M1Riflenut/AR%20stuff/P1090330.jpg

Man that looks sick! I may have to go that route. I assume it cannot somehow twist on the nut?

I believe you just made up my mind. If the rail sections are somehow out of spec I will just send them in for replacements.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 5:05:26 PM EDT
[#19]
MI is an AMAZING company. They stand behind their products 100%.

I have MI rails on both my rifles and they are rock solid. I have a two-piece AND a t-series one piece. My two piece FF rail from them withstood two years of abuse, and one day showed a small sign of cracking on the anodizing. They replaced the rail within 5 business days and paid for return shipping to send the old one back to them:

Her'es a blog post about it:

http://lifealist.com/2010/04/midwest-industires-excellent-customer-service/

Here are the two rifles:

MI two-piece:

MI T-Series one piece:

Link Posted: 4/20/2010 5:10:49 PM EDT
[#20]
I have'nt added any rail sections on the 11.5 yet as I still have'nt decided on what VFG or light setup to get. I have the rail kits but will wait until I get the add-ons to decide where I want them. I also like the fact that you are'nt limited to the standard 12,3,6,and 9 oclock mounting points like most conventional quad rails. You can mount a rail and light on the 45' angles if you want. I mounted a similar set on my AR10 carbine(Armalite FF tube),but have'nt got a light setup for that one yet either. That will be this years concentration,getting all my rifles setup with the proper accessories. Spent the last few years getting/building the rifles,the next few years will be getting the equipment for them.

Link Posted: 4/20/2010 5:15:42 PM EDT
[#21]
I had one pop loose in a class. Never again.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 9:39:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a305/M1Riflenut/AR%20stuff/P1090241.jpg
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a305/M1Riflenut/AR%20stuff/P1090330.jpg

Man that looks sick! I may have to go that route. I assume it cannot somehow twist on the nut?

I believe you just made up my mind. If the rail sections are somehow out of spec I will just send them in for replacements.

Good luck with that
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 9:40:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
MI is an AMAZING company. They stand behind their products 100%.

I have MI rails on both my rifles and they are rock solid. I have a two-piece AND a t-series one piece. My two piece FF rail from them withstood two years of abuse, and one day showed a small sign of cracking on the anodizing. They replaced the rail within 5 business days and paid for return shipping to send the old one back to them:

Her'es a blog post about it:

http://lifealist.com/2010/04/midwest-industires-excellent-customer-service/

Here are the two rifles:

MI two-piece:

http://citythis.com/pics/lmt%20(1).JPG

MI T-Series one piece:

http://citythis.com/pics/spr%20(1).JPG

100% - not a chance.  Did everything they could to avoid the OOS rails they sent me.  They blow.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 9:40:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I had one pop loose in a class. Never again.

Exactly
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top