Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/17/2010 5:38:00 PM EDT
I need some advice on choosing between the two for a carbine.  BCM has the MI rail for $129 and the Troy for  $149.  Which is a better drop in rail and why?
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 9:15:06 AM EDT
[#1]
I liked my Troy alot more than my MI.
Narrower and seemed like a nicer, more refined piece of gear.

ETA- the Troy was rock solid, the MIs bottom rail had some slight movement
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 12:22:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I liked my Troy alot more than my MI.
Narrower and seemed like a nicer, more refined piece of gear.

ETA- the Troy was rock solid, the MIs bottom rail had some slight movement

Had the same problem, returned my rail to MI and they let me upgrade to the FF two piece for $15. Well worth it!

I would get the MI FF two piece it weighs less then both of which you have mentioned....

It weighs 11oz, but you remove the delta ring and spring which is about 3-4oz.

Link Posted: 4/18/2010 4:11:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Never owned an MI but my Troy is rock solid. The machining is perfect and I believe it is lighter and slimmer than the MI
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 5:02:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I gave the MI a look before deciding on the Troy. Saw a several more negative comments on the MI however. Check out this thread on the Daniel Defense vs. Troy drop-in. You might want to add the Daniel Defense EX CAR 7.0 into the mix.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 4:47:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I gave the MI a look before deciding on the Troy. Saw a several more negative comments on the MI however. Check out this thread on the Daniel Defense vs. Troy drop-in. You might want to add the Daniel Defense EX CAR 7.0 into the mix.

After looking at both I thin I am going with the Daniel Defense rail... Thanks Guys...

I'll post pics when I get her in.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 5:30:27 AM EDT
[#6]
+1 for DD. Consider spending $100 more and get the Daniel Defense Omega. You'll be glad you did.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 8:35:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
+1 for DD. Consider spending $100 more and get the Daniel Defense Omega. You'll be glad you did.

Yeah but to free float will be a bitch since I have a pinned and welded muzzle brake.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 1:32:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah but to free float will be a bitch since I have a pinned and welded muzzle brake.

Not with the Omega!

Link Posted: 4/19/2010 5:35:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not with the Omega!

is it a drop in?
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 6:12:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 6:23:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not with the Omega!

is it a drop in?

Yes, the Omega drops in.  I have it on my mid length.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top