Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/5/2010 1:06:51 PM EDT

Anybody have one?
Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 6:18:14 PM EDT
[#1]
i wouldn't get one, they're pretty ugly. but you can get something like the new troy trx rails (i believe that's what they're called) that has a continuous top rail and you can add rail sections anywhere you want on the rest of the hand gaurd. it's just not very modular, but i guess it would depend on what you want the rifle to do.
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 6:36:11 PM EDT
[#2]
RRA: King of misnomers and tactical everything, most of them ugly.

What's advanced about them?  Old wood hunting rifle/shotgun style handguard checkering combined with rails?
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 6:38:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Ive got the Elite Comp with I guess RRA first generation half Quad rail. I like it alot , it is a pleasure to hold and works very well for hunting pigs and coyotes out of my truck.And it balances well with the Leupold CQT on it.
Link Posted: 3/6/2010 4:50:30 AM EDT
[#4]
I too have one of the first generation half quad rails on one of my guns. I thought it was a bit goofy at first. The more I used it, the more I really liked it. It ends up that it is really comfortable and practical.  For those who have never owned one of the earler versions, I would say to try it before passing judgement.

Link Posted: 3/6/2010 10:39:27 AM EDT
[#5]
How well does it handle the heat? Does it get too hot after long strings of fire or sitting out in the sun for a while? I know Aluminum isn't supposed to transfer heat too much, but......
Link Posted: 3/6/2010 10:49:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
i wouldn't get one, they're pretty ugly. but you can get something like the new troy trx rails (i believe that's what they're called) that has a continuous top rail and you can add rail sections anywhere you want on the rest of the hand gaurd. it's just not very modular, but i guess it would depend on what you want the rifle to do.

I already have a rifle length FF Quad Rail w/ Magpul XTM rail covers and it's like shooting a with a football. Just looking for something slimmer. Plus I don't attatch anything on the aft half of the rails anyway except for rail covers.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 5:05:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
How well does it handle the heat? Does it get too hot after long strings of fire or sitting out in the sun for a while? I know Aluminum isn't supposed to transfer heat too much, but......

It seems to handle heat just about like any other handguard I have.  It has never been an issue.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 10:47:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks L_R. As soon as RRA emails me back about the weight I'll be ordering one.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 6:25:29 AM EDT
[#9]
While it does look different, I don't think it's "ugly", just utilitarian. I don't rule out using an item simply because of its appearance. I never use any of the lower/side rails nearest the receiver, so I wouldn't mind having a more slender handguard in that area. For my next project I don't need a lot of "rail estate", so this could work. My question would be how much it weighs.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 10:30:22 AM EDT
[#10]
What about spending another $20 and get a Viking Tactics  Extreme BattleRail/Troy TRX Extremel?

Lighter than a DD Lite, slim profile, continous upper rails, and the ability to place rail sections where you need it.

VTAC Extreme BattleRail

Troy TRX Extreme
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 7:42:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/11/2010 4:55:46 AM EDT
[#12]
It's so advanced, it needs less ventilation!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top