Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2010 4:02:25 PM EDT
Firstly if are reading this and are on the fence about whether to buy or not a Geissele SSA...STOP READING AND GO BUY ONE!

I have been eye-balling these triggers for several months, but i like so many had those few ?s that seem to linger and never get answered.....
1.) If i actually spend the money to upgrade, will i for sure feel the different stages.....quite simply YES, unless you have zero nerve ending and in that case you shouldnt be shooting
2.) Im confused.... Which is it.....a precision weapon trigger or the way its marketed..as a "combat trigger"?   SEMANTICS my friends, all i know so far is the ssa makes one helluva AR trigger however you what to categorize them.
3.) I have trouble working on my own guns, so will the ssa cause me difficulty?  I RIDE THE SHORT BUS TO SCHOOL every morning, and i popped two in less than 5 minutes...promise, with ZERO TWEEKING.  SO EASY THIS CAVEMAN DID IT!!!
4.) Can you describe the carrot crack as opposed to the icicle crack on the DMR's.......Def. not this noobie..lol, however i can say for sure the feeling of stages is most def. felt and the actual release is SICK NASTY crisp and after 50 or so dryfires through each lower, its extremely predictable and straight SILK imho! intial

Note:  On all the pics i have seen on the net of the actual units they didnt exactly look rough but as you can see in the pics, the finish and the markings are outstanding and perhaps most were like me and unaware of how nice these individual parts actual are finished.  The slave pin that comes with the units is the game's mvp....that simple pin makes the whole process fly by.  BUY these SSA's with confidence imho, only downfall is the realization you have wasted all that ammo without a bad ass trigger in your gun

Link Posted: 2/26/2010 5:01:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow, slick. None of mine look like that. But they're still my favorites.
Link Posted: 2/26/2010 5:18:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for posting those pics. I was curious on how the new laser engraving looked. I have an "old school" SSA with the hand engraving. Classic.
Link Posted: 2/26/2010 5:29:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Those do look pretty trick, Trident.
I've been pretty lucky with triggers, I've got 2 KAC 2-stage, 2 LMT 2-stage, a RRA 2-stage, and a Springfield 4lb single stage in my latest LMT Defender 2000 lower.
Link Posted: 2/26/2010 6:00:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I take it back. I hadn't yet opened the box the last one came in, and it does wear the new livery:
Link Posted: 2/26/2010 6:05:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Thanks for posting those pics. I was curious on how the new laser engraving looked. I have an "old school" SSA with the hand engraving. Classic.

Wonder, if because we have "Classics" they'll be have more?
Link Posted: 2/26/2010 6:09:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

"They'll be have more"?
Link Posted: 2/26/2010 6:24:03 PM EDT
[#7]
I was tickled pick when i actually saw the finish on these parts was nicer than the China in my cabinets.....all you guys that rec. this unit, wow you all  were right.  The finish and marking along with the well documented functionality make this unit straight SEXY imho.  I have been just dryfiring away

eta....i have a new outfit for every day of the week except maybe sundays..from here on out as well.....

Link Posted: 2/26/2010 6:58:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Is that another Bible verse engraved on the side of the trigger?

Job 28:28 - And unto man he said, Behold, the fear of the LORD, that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding.
Link Posted: 2/26/2010 7:26:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

"They'll be have more"?

Note to self: Use 'Worth' instead of 'Have'

Link Posted: 2/26/2010 7:33:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Is that another Bible verse engraved on the side of the trigger?

Job 28:28 - And unto man he said, Behold, the fear of the LORD, that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding.

I never would have noticed that...interesting
Link Posted: 2/26/2010 7:36:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I take it back. I hadn't yet opened the box the last one came in, and it does wear the new livery:
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s95/MMcfpd/SSA_LP.jpg

WOW....thats 3 with them in it i know for sure...all exactly the same " 28 : 28 "
Link Posted: 2/26/2010 7:55:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Told ya so.

Link Posted: 2/26/2010 10:50:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Hmm, the new units sure do look clean.  I have two of the older, hand-engraved units of the SSA.
Link Posted: 2/27/2010 1:56:30 PM EDT
[#14]
I have one of the older ones and love it.  Good job sir!
Link Posted: 2/27/2010 2:45:59 PM EDT
[#15]
I wonder if there are other differences between the new ones and the hand-engraved ones.  I have 3 SSAs.  Anyway, I understand that they recently increased their production capacity.
Link Posted: 2/27/2010 3:06:00 PM EDT
[#16]
I just got mine today and put it in.....CLEAN and CRISPY
Link Posted: 2/27/2010 3:19:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Nice job with the pics. I think I am going that route on my Stealth SPR project...
Link Posted: 2/27/2010 4:11:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Man, i love these triggers!!!  Anybody else pick up on the little "click" when you set up on the second stage after the first, i like it.

eta...the days of me and my guns fighting are OVER....these first two are more than happy to go BANG
Link Posted: 2/27/2010 10:35:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/28/2010 7:37:09 AM EDT
[#20]
Got three SSA's myself, and just picked up a new DMR that should be here tomorrow.  Can't wait to try one of his adjustables.
Link Posted: 2/28/2010 8:52:04 AM EDT
[#21]
They do look great and many proclaim their allegiance to Geissele, but without the flame patrol attacking me........Is the Geissele NM trigger worth twice the price of a RRA NM two stage worked over by Bill Springfield? That is one smooth trigger for the coin. It would be tough to spend the money on one G trigger when I could have two BS RRA NM triggers. But if it is that good it might be worth the couple of points during DCM matches!
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 4:12:44 AM EDT
[#22]
UPDATED impressions  Well now that these two have settled into their new homes and i have fired them a pretty good bit....i must say i sucked at shooting before i got these units  I know my guns have not gotten any more accurate.....but yet the holes in the paper are clearly tighter since installed, so we know what that means....this jackass got a lil better or aka my trigger control stopped being

For me the SSA's make me forget about the trigger.....its not like i pull one off and say "damn, that was crisp" but also i have no thoughts prior like " when is this damn thing gonna break...#7.4.....#7.9....#8.3 BANG" So prior to these units i had that huge thing on my mind before every shot....trying to remember that heavy pull amt....how high or low my finger was placed on the actual trigger.....now BEAUTIFUL NOTHINGNESS in my head prior to pulling the trigger except for the hold through the optics...(dont shoot much irons..lol) and smaller picky things like the cheek weld and breathing.

Its amazing but for me at least i never even notice the stages(eta...do not ever hear this so called "sprooog" either that ARs make)....i cannot stress this whole nothing factor that well cause i am no wordsmith but it EXIST and I AM IN LOVE

To the topic of "match" trigger (DMR) vs. "combat" trigger (SSA).....The SSA's go in both as GOOD AS APPLE PIE...pics below include both a precision build.....and a speed gun, on both builds the SSA has flat-out been one of the best parts i have put into them.

Lastly.......Unequivocally i have no part from any company on those 2 builds that gives me the same confidence that I have from Geiselle in the SSAs.....I know i prob. will not ever have a problem in the future, but if i did...rest assured that i would have every last bit of confidence Geiselle would make it right!!!

SSA unit in precision type.....

SSA unit in fighting type.....

$170 or so is beyond a BARGIN....and without ?, a GAMECHANGER for this shooter

Link Posted: 4/19/2010 6:57:18 AM EDT
[#23]
I liked the new laser-engraved look so much that I ordered a new one simply for the engraving... lol. It arrived last week.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 7:09:19 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I liked the new laser-engraved look so much that I ordered a new one simply for the engraving... lol. It arrived last week.

Cause you are the MAN

eta....how freaking outstanding is that finish...not a single flaw, so icey you can skate on those parts
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 7:17:41 AM EDT
[#25]
That shirt is pretty cool.  Did you have to buy it or was it free with the triggers?
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 7:54:07 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
That shirt is pretty cool.  Did you have to buy it or was it free with the triggers?

Free from nice people I bet if you contact them, you might have a new outfit as well
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top