Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/30/2009 5:10:23 PM EDT
I realize the advatanges of the EXO coating but is the $475 price tag really worth it to get the
coated upper receiver along with the coated bolt and carrier?

Any experiences or opinions?
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 7:48:43 PM EDT
[#1]
No.

Quoted:
I realize the advatanges of the EXO coating

Which is very little, despite what the marketing or hype might lead you to believe.
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 8:03:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
No.

Quoted:

Which is very little, despite what the marketing or hype might lead you to believe.

That is just a opinion.
Research Nickel Boron.
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 8:32:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
No.
Quoted:

That is just a opinion.
Research Nickel Boron.

Yes, it's an opinion.  I know all about nickel boron and other similar coatings.  None of them are capable of performing the primary functions of fluid lubrication in an AR which is NOT reduction of dry sliding friction.

Besides the expense the worst thing about these parts is that they probably delude people into thinking that they do not need to properly maintain and lubricate their firearms.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 12:17:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No.
Quoted:

That is just a opinion.
Research Nickel Boron.

Yes, it's an opinion.  I know all about nickel boron and other similar coatings.  None of them are capable of performing the primary functions of fluid lubrication in an AR which is NOT reduction of dry sliding friction.

Besides the expense the worst thing about these parts is that they probably delude people into thinking that they do not need to properly maintain and lubricate their firearms.

Again, opinion and conjecture.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 8:29:37 AM EDT
[#5]
I take it you own one....

waste of money.... didn't need it 20 plus years ago, don't need it now...
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 12:12:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd rather buy a quality bcg and spend the extra money on a case of ammo to practice with and prove the weapon's reliability.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 12:50:15 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm now thinking a geissele DMR trigger and some ammo would be a better way to spend the money.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:49:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm now thinking a geissele DMR trigger and some ammo would be a better way to spend the money.

I agree.  However I think the use of high tech coatings is the future of the AR and military weapons in general.  You dont NEED perkerized steel vs blued steel or chrome lined bores in your barrels or III vs II anodising, etc.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top